Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza on Deontay Wilder's Options For The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I expect? First AJ tells his fans to get in shape, so now they're jumping on the Whyte band wagon. Lazy, that's all I can say

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      1 fury
      2 whyte
      3 Ortiz rematch
      4 brezeale

I think Ortiz is a better fighter than whyte...but id love to see wilder put a hurting on whyte and wilder already put Ortiz down 3x
      Yeah I feel the same way. I wouldn't mind seeing Whyte get sparked in England, but a Fury fight would be entertaining to say the least. I don't know if I trust Fury to go thru with it, but that would be a very intriguing match-up.

And yeah, Brezeale just ain't interesting at all. He's some sloppy leftovers

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
        Luis Ortiz must be pushing 50 now and has never beaten a prime, top contender. He should be made to fight another contender, a Jarrell Miller or Joseph Parker type. Meanwhile, Deontay Wilder should be going for Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua or Dillian Whyte.
        You do know whyte didn't want to fight him, same withaj. I don't see the reason for fighting parker but I'll watch the fight.

Comment

It'll be Fury or Breazeale.

Comment

Malik Scott rematch please

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I see the point you're trying to make and I wouldn't say Whyte is ducking Ortiz. However, on the surface the situations are similar, but they really aren't parallel situations. Wilder is a champion seeking to unify. The promoter of the other champion offered a voluntary fight aimed only at making the unification more lucrative (or hoping the voluntary fighter upset Wilder). With Whyte, he is seeking to get a title fight. Accordingly he can't necessarily dictate how the belt organizations view or treat him. So for him to turn down the eliminator wasn't him turning down a totally unnecessary risk (all fights are risks), it was a fight he was going to have to fight anyway. He just didn't want to fight Ortiz if Breazeale was going to get a crack at Wilder first.
              Whyte wants a world title fight, and he wants it as soon as possible. If he'd beaten Ortiz he would have become the WBC's second mandatory, which would have meant waiting maybe 2 years or more till he got his shot.

He knows he's going to get a rematch with AJ quicker than that, so if it wasn't going to be a final eliminator, there were better options for him than Ortiz .. like Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Wilder wants no part of Dillian Whyte. Hearn is now offering him 4 times his highest purse to fight Dillian in the USA, and he still doesn't want to know.

Whyte is Wilder's No1 contender.

What kind of champion turns down career high money to fight his No1 contender, at home?

A protected paper champion, that's what. And all you fanboys know it..
                Slow down fella. No offer has been formally made (terms undetermined) or turned down. Did you not hear Espinoza mention Whyte as a possibility? Did you also not hear Whyte say he wants to fight Charr next? Maybe you missed the memo that Wilder and Fury are negotiating for a December fight.

Comment

Whyte wants a world title fight, and he wants it as soon as possible. If he'd beaten Ortiz he would have become the WBC's second mandatory, which would have meant waiting maybe 2 years or more till he got his shot.

He knows he's going to get a rematch with AJ quicker than that, so if it wasn't going to be a final eliminator, there were better options for him than Ortiz .. like Parker.
                  I don't subscribe to know what Whyte wants. I just know what he did. Looks like he chose a voluntary fight he felt was going to make him good money while also raising his profile in a win. I'm not sure how he's going to get a voluntary fight out of Joshua before the IBF mandatory and/or a Joshua Wilder unification (assuming both win their interim fights). That's why I suggest fighting Ortiz. That way, if he wins, he is the top dog of contenders and a bonafied money maker in the UK. I understand he's looking at going the WBA regular title route, which would allow him to challenge for the super title regardless of how the Joshua Wilder saga unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    I don't subscribe to know what Whyte wants. I just know what he did. Looks like he chose a voluntary fight he felt was going to make him good money while also raising his profile in a win. I'm not sure how he's going to get a voluntary fight out of Joshua before the IBF mandatory and/or a Joshua Wilder unification (assuming both win their interim fights). That's why I suggest fighting Ortiz. That way, if he wins, he is the top dog of contenders and a bonafied money maker in the UK. I understand he's looking at going the WBA regular title route, which would allow him to challenge for the super title regardless of how the Joshua Wilder saga unfolds.
                    Whyte is already ranked higher than Ortiz by the WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, The Ring, TBRB and BoxRec.

Ortiz is not that highly regarded in the UK. Beating Parker impressed the UK fans a lot more than beating Ortiz would have done. And as well as making him a lot more money, it has made Dillian a virtual certainty to get the April date against AJ, if Wilder doesn't want it.

Like I said, if it wasn't a final eliminator, there was nothing to be gained by fighting Ortiz for Whyte. It wouldn't even have been a decent payday for him.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 07-31-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Whyte is already ranked higher than Ortiz by the WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, The Ring, TBRB and BoxRec.

Ortiz is not that highly regarded in the UK. Beating Parker impressed the UK fans a lot more than beating Ortiz would have done. And as well as making him a lot more money, it has made Dillian a virtual certainty to get the April date against AJ, if Wilder doesn't want it.

Like I said, if it wasn't a final eliminator, there was nothing to be gained by fighting Ortiz for Whyte.
                      So how does AJ get away with not fighting a mandatory for the IBF? Also, the UK should regard Ortiz. He's a big skilled guy with a punch. He's a more refined Whyte who fights southpaw. How could beating Parker (who hasn't looked good in any fight) make him an impressive win?

Comment

Working...
                      X