No announcement yet.

GGG vs Sergio Martinez who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I guess what you're basing it on is Sergio not being to withstand some early shots from GGG.

That's fair play. If Sergio can't take a shot or two early, he's going down. That's fair and I can agree with that. Although he's never showed to be chinny.

However, Proska != Sergio

Even if we say GGG's prime was during his early rise to fame. Beating Proska and Rosado etc. Those aren't boxers on that elite tier like Sergio. So it's not much to say GGG was able to cut the ring and stay on those guys when they weren't up to Sergio's level of boxing.

The first time GGG really fought a decent boxer with evasion, he got demystified. Then when he fought a true elite, he lost twice.

So, I think it's fair to say GGG will most likely get out boxed, early 30s or mid 30s, as evident of his career events. If he doesn't catch him late, as you pointed out Sergio's flaws which is true but only become exploitable late in fights. Sergio is most likely boxing him for 8-9 rounds easy.

GGG isn't and never was a volume puncher or a swarmer. He has great technique, he has tremendous power, he cuts the ring off extremely well. He's not a dancer and he's not throwing at high volumes against a mobile opponent.
    Who was the second loss to?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      Who was the second loss to?
      Apologies. Draw and Loss.

Canelo.

Though I felt he won't the first fight but I'm not a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Apologies. Draw and Loss.

Canelo.

Though I felt he won't the first fight but I'm not a judge.
        Yeah he should've. I honestly don't think I've watched the whole fight all the way through a second time like I have with the rematch. First fight was pretty lackluster. They both looked much better in the rematch, where I felt a 7-5 either way or a draw was acceptable. Didn't mind Canelo getting the win but watching the fight back as many times as I have, I don't think he dominated anywhere near the amount some of his fans may have you believe.

Comment

Working...
        X