Collapse
No announcement yet.

sean penn or daniel day lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penn has had some GREAT performances but Daniel is seriously in another league

Comment

There Will Be Blood is an amazing film. As is his performance in Gangs of New York, Last of the Mohicans, and I'd imagine he will be great in Lincoln (he is 2 for 2 in movies he wears a huge hat).

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        There Will Be Blood is an amazing film. As is his performance in Gangs of New York, Last of the Mohicans, and I'd imagine he will be great in Lincoln (he is 2 for 2 in movies he wears a huge hat).
        He'll win his 3rd oscar for that performance. Bank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ...lucy...
          I just can't imagine DDL portraying Harvey Milk convincingly the way Penn does.
          ditto. and cant imagine DDL doing i am sam. but i can imagine penn doing DDL's roles. but both are grrreat actors. penn is a bit underrated here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk. View Post
            He'll win his 3rd oscar for that performance. Bank on it.
            Probably, the Academy loves biopics... they eat that **** up

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Daniel Day Lewis is so overrated on these forums.
              -Kev- is overrated

daniel day lewis is as advertised

Comment

Sean Penn is a great actor, but I'm going with Daniel Day Lewis on this one. I think he is the best actor out there after my all time favorite Gary Oldman.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  -Kev- is overrated

*Shots fired*

I would have to say Lewis as well. Penn is a good actor but something about him just doesn't get me interested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    -Kev- is overrated

They both have two Oscars. Sean Penn has been nominated 5 times for best actor. Daniel Day Lewis has 4 Oscar nominations.

Why are people saying Lewis by a mile? To overrate him. It's just overrating at it's finest.

Forget bout Oscars though, that doesn't really say everything about an actor, but if it did Penn>Lewis. I still like Penn more than Lewis, in fact I don't like Lewis at all. Not interested in his movies.

Off the top of my head. State of Grace, Mystic River, Carlito's Way, Colors, The Game, The Thin Red Line, Dead Man Walking, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, I Am Sam, U Turn, Casualties of War, At Close Range, Milk, Sweet And Lowdown, 21 Grams>Daniel Day Lewis's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      They both have two Oscars. Sean Penn has been nominated 5 times for best actor. Daniel Day Lewis has 4 Oscar nominations.

Why are people saying Lewis by a mile? To overrate him. It's just overrating at it's finest.

Forget bout Oscars though, that doesn't really say everything about an actor, but if it did Penn>Lewis. I still like Penn more than Lewis, in fact I don't like Lewis at all. Not interested in his movies.

Off the top of my head. State of Grace, Mystic River, Carlito's Way, Colors, The Game, The Thin Red Line, Dead Man Walking, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, I Am Sam, U Turn, Casualties of War, At Close Range, Milk, Sweet And Lowdown, 21 Grams>Daniel Day Lewis's resume.
                      Great movie and if we are talking best performances, Gary Oldman stole the show in that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X