Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Lipinets Fight Peaked at 689,000 Viewers for Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime seems to be thrilled with their "Bad Ratings" as some people like to call it and that is really all that matters. Showtime expanded their Budget for Boxing this year to give the fans match ups they want to see what more can you ask for really

Comment

I think showtimes ratings are trending upward from last year. Plus their was the espn show which in my unprofessional opinion could have hurt their ratings. Still all this boxing must be a good thing for the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        This shows me that Garcia needs Linares or Lomachenko! If Linares vs. Lomachenko gets signed, I think Mikey should call up Danny Garcia ASAP!
        Exactly what I was thinking. Plus Mikey is gonna have to market himself better. He's not very vocal or arrogant so he's gonna have to do it the old fashion way by keep on kicking @$$ and fighting popular fighters.

Comment

Ratings for everything are really going down. It's not just boxing, HBO and Showtime don't make money of ratings, they make money of subscriptions. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, networks like that are the one's who really on ratings to sell commercial air time. People point to NFL ratings going down from years past as well, but you need to realize that most of the Networks now allow you watch through their app. I canceled my Showtime and HBO subscription through DirectTV and just stream live Showtime content through through amazon for $9.99.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
            I think showtimes ratings are trending upward from last year. Plus their was the espn show which in my unprofessional opinion could have hurt their ratings. Still all this boxing must be a good thing for the sport
            I mean, there's always something else on TV lol.

Still, these numbers put him in the same league as Spence as far as popularity goes, and way ahead of Danny Garcia. Nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Ratings for everything are really going down. It's not just boxing, HBO and Showtime don't make money of ratings, they make money of subscriptions. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, networks like that are the one's who really on ratings to sell commercial air time. People point to NFL ratings going down from years past as well, but you need to realize that most of the Networks now allow you watch through their app. I canceled my Showtime and HBO subscription through DirectTV and just stream live Showtime content through through amazon for $9.99.
              great point live sports ratings have been down lately

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Showtime seems to be thrilled with their "Bad Ratings" as some people like to call it and that is really all that matters. Showtime expanded their Budget for Boxing this year to give the fans match ups they want to see what more can you ask for really
                Do Showtime even make substantial profit from Boxing now Mayweather is gone.Pumping more money in,but the ratings mostly are standard.PPV Wise-only Joshua v Wilder looks likely,even then Joshua is being linked with HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  I never paid for Showtime during this period, so I think you're mistaken (i know because I was in school). I definitely watched all of those fights without ever paying for the Showtime package. When Floyd signed that deal, they started a free window where you could watch boxing on the main network for free. That's when I first started watching on Showtime more than HBO.

Even now, I don't pay for their bundle. I just use the Showtime app for $11/month. You may not remember because you've probably had it as a part of your cable package through that time period.
                  I think the deal was if you bought the Floyd fight you got 6 months free. That basically meant you got the whole year free if you bought his fights twice a year. I'm not 100% positive about that I'm just going from memory but I'll check later to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
                    Do Showtime even make substantial profit from Boxing now Mayweather is gone.Pumping more money in,but the ratings mostly are standard.PPV Wise-only Joshua v Wilder looks likely,even then Joshua is being linked with HBO.
                    2017 was the biggest year of subscription revenue in Showtime history
                    http://deadline.com/2018/01/showtime...tv-1202237279/

We the fans focus on Weekly Ratings while the Network are far more focused on their Sub numbers and their Numbers are growing both Network and Digitally and that is really all they care about

Let the Networks worry about the Ratings and just appreciate the fights they're making possible...or don't who cares

If Showtime wasn't happy with their Numbers they would be having Cutbacks instead of adding more fights to the network this year

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I think the deal was if you bought the Floyd fight you got 6 months free. That basically meant you got the whole year free if you bought his fights twice a year. I'm not 100% positive about that I'm just going from memory but I'll check later to confirm.
                      That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for this. I tried to go back and see if I could find a press release on this but nothing came up.

Comment

Working...
                      X