Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Tests Positive For Clenbuterol Ahead of Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
    Every fighter should set up camp in Mexico or go on vacation there and use this as an excuse since the WBC are openly allowing cheating. Clenbuterol has a lot of advantages to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
      WADA’s issued statement was slightly confusing. Toxicology labs usually implement bio analyzers, which as an assay method, is quantitative (measured in concentration) in nature. They become qualitative (positive or negative) based off of established ranges, the parameters of which should be arbitrarily chosen relative to the concentration of analyte found in urine of a known concentration of drug ingested.

Therefore I don’t understand how he can test positive and be within normal acceptable ranges with the consumption of tainted meat. It appears that the vernacular used by the article was incorrect or WADA is too lazy to amend what the acceptable ranges are. After all if a free pass is given for those found “positive” of clenbuterol, why not raise the lower limit of positivity for the drug?

I’m not an authority on the pharmacokinetics of doping but taking a quick glance at WADA testing guidelines, It seems relatively unlikely that someone would test positive for clenbuterol just from the consumption of tainted meat. Normal doses of clenbuterol are in the ballpark of 50-100ug, keep in mind traces of clenbuterol in livestock SHOULD be less than 100ng/kg. That would equate to eating 1000kg of tainted meat, assuming those are the levels, which again is doubtful in poorly regulated agricultural standards.

Of course the above illustration is from a standpoint of ingestion of a specific concentration of a drug, not accounting for metabolism of the analyte.

TLDR; someone needs to get to the bottom of this in order to responsibly make an accurate judgement
      how to explain this then?

http://www.espn.com/sports/soccer/ne...s-17-world-cup

Comment

• damn he had vitamin c in his carne asada?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Dudes pushing 40 and Canelo out here like 'give me all them drugs'
          haha yup, bu bu bu bu bu he landed the clean shots doe

Comment

• Originally posted by stellen View Post
            You are a star only to your ball licking fangirls. To us normal folk you are a dirty drugs cheat. Canelo, fury, ortiz etc etc ya'll are rotten frauds.
            Fucc off punk!

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
              Maybe, but this is such a common problem in mexican meat , and given that its trace levels, that I am not certain. I think it's more than fine to be reasonable, but it's also okay to give him a degree of benefit of the doubt given that's a relatively common problem

But the forum really goes on stupid directions

that sounds like the case..... but boxing authorities need to slam the door on that excuse once and for all

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Every fighter should set up camp in Mexico or go on vacation there and use this as an excuse since the WBC are openly allowing cheating. Clenbuterol has a lot of advantages to it.
                If it actuallly was that simple, people would do it. But it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  that's what I was thinking, since "tained meat" excuse works, might as well train there and if anything goes bad, blame it on the meat lol

Comment

• I like both of these guys, so I'm trying to steer clear of what we all know is really going on here. We all see how it is when you're a fan of someone and don't want to believe it. And I'm decently sure that in one of the All Access/24/7 or whatever it was in the buildup to the Canelo/Mayweather fight that Canelo said when eating in the kitchen with the translation at the bottom of the screen, that his training camp meat was imported because meat down there was lousy with parasites and bacteria. He's definitely not taking chances with food contamination. He's a vet at this point.
                    Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    You have to be a complete dumb ass to buy the tainted meat argument. It was already well known meat was tainted and of course he’d have his imported. It’s a millions of dollar fight.

We knew all along he was using Clen to cut all that weight.

If this was Golovkin the Big Stomps of the thread would be all over it.

Shut the **** UP, Canelo is a dirty fighter, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post

do you think Canelo or anyone in his camp has heard of this problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X