Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are The Current Active Fighters In Boxing: You Consider To Be "Special" 🤔

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special... as-in, the true boxing meaning of that word... ?

or, just... I like dem doe " special " ... ?

Lomachenko, Canelo, Inoue, Crawford... there is nobody else

on the up, I like Haney and Stevenson

Comment

Canelo , Mikey Garcia , David , Benavidez , Estrada , Jose Ramirez , Zurdo Ramirez , Luis Nery , Virgil Ortiz , Andy Ruiz , Navarrete , Ryan Garcia , Rey Vargas , Berchelt , Leo Santa Cruz & Diego Pacheco just to name a few.

Comment

Inoue, Lomachenko, Crawford.

Comment

What a difference a few fights & some months make. 😆
          Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          Pretty solid list, but I'm a bit baffled by the way you've apparently decided Usyks cruiserweight run - which is probably the most complete domination of a division in recent memory (Ward at SMW is the only one I can think of as vaguely comparable) counts for nothing. he fought every top name at Cruiserweight or the guy who beat 'em within about a three year spell, and all his biggest fights were in his opponents backyard. My boxing history ain't the best but I suspect you'd have to go back a looong time to find a champion giving up homefield for every major fight... leastways, not one that remained a champion for long.
          If I thought it counted for nothing I wouldn't have mentioned him at all. I'm going to be honest I'm not familiar with all the guys he fought as far as their background & career. BUT iirc I seen all his championship fights. I didn't see anything in his opposition that impressed my eyesight. Also he lost the 1st 3 or 4 rounds to Bellew imo. With that said Cruiserweight has almost been notoriously known as a weak division anyway. There's isn't any fighter that he can probably fight that I'd consider good where it's still sorta fair. So it's hard to compare him or what I forsee him doing against a Cruserweight I'd consider good cause there aren't any really. We'll see what he's able to do at Heavyweight. But he most definitely has skill.
          Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
          I bolded those who i think.....as for your honoble mention, I think Ennis should be in there, as well as Spence.
          Doesn't even make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            Pretty solid list, but I'm a bit baffled by the way you've apparently decided Usyks cruiserweight run - which is probably the most complete domination of a division in recent memory (Ward at SMW is the only one I can think of as vaguely comparable) counts for nothing. he fought every top name at Cruiserweight or the guy who beat 'em within about a three year spell, and all his biggest fights were in his opponents backyard. My boxing history ain't the best but I suspect you'd have to go back a looong time to find a champion giving up homefield for every major fight... leastways, not one that remained a champion for long.
            Hea clearly trolling with both the slight at Usyk and the blatant omission of Fury.

I have a thread discussing Fury being special on the same page, it isn't coincidence.

Dude thinks hes clever but he DKSAB like his name says.

Comment

Usyk, fury, crawford loma

pacman,

ggg canelo

Comment

Fury, Lomachenko, Pacquiao, Inoue

Comment

manny, loma and usyk, then there are really good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                    • Vasyl Lomachenko
                    • GGG
                    • Manny Pacquiao
                    • Demetrius Andrade
                    • Tevin Farmer
                    • Naoya Inoue
                    • Shakur Stevenson (yep already)
                    • Tank (I wasn't sold on him at 1st & I'm still not 100% but I'm leaning towards he very well might be.)
                    • Errol Spence Jr.
                    • Terence Crawford
                    • Deontay Wilder (I don't think he's nice but his power might really be all he needs)

Honorable Mention:
                    • Haney (I think he's the goods but I need to see him in the trenches)
                    • Usyk (not sold on what he'll do vs better competition)
                    • Teofimo Lopez (Gonna say about 25% out of 100. I feel like he'd beat Haney but I feel Haney will fair better as he moves up in weight)
                    Tevin Farmer... He’s barely even world class, JoJo outclassed him just as I predicted. Farmer is grossly overrated man.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=839155

Andrade is another shocker tbh bro. His best win is a SD over Vanes, hardly screams special talent...

Shakur needs to at least beat a world class fighter before we christen him as a “special” talent but he has tremendous potential.

The rest of the list I can get behind though.

Missing out Fury and Canelo is laughable too.

Do you follow the lower weight classes??? Roman Gonzalez and Juan Francisco Estrada both deserve a mention at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Hea clearly trolling with both the slight at Usyk and the blatant omission of Fury.

I have a thread discussing Fury being special on the same page, it isn't coincidence.

Dude thinks hes clever but he DKSAB like his name says.
                      The omissions of Fury/Canelo had me wondering whether this was troll job too tbh.

Comment

Working...
                      X