Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-18-2019, 12:34 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
ShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these partsShawnTaylor is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,404.66
Exclamation Boxrec's "new" system

So, this is not exactly "news" to dedicated boxing fans, as we often use Boxrec to analyze the records of our favourite fighters... But since some time ago, Boxrec started showing amateur boxing, kickboxing and muay thai records, among other things.

Months has passed and none of these records are complete by now. If you watch Jarrell Miller's kickboxing record, for example, it only shows 4 fights, 2 of them being his losses against Mirko Filipovic, which is totally misleading, as he won at least 20 fights with his only losses being to Filipovic, as far as I remember. I think it's a brilliant idea to finally get a good overview of these alternative records, but...

Do anyone know if and/or when these records will be completed? And in case they won't be completed, wouldn't it then be best to just delete the new system, in order to not discredit the fighters' accomplishments outside of pro boxing?
ShawnTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8359 Post(s)
Mammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these parts
Bank: 177,014.39
Total Points: 221,324.05
shut the fook up - Boxing Goat Should be a great fight... - anthonydavid11 

I'm not sure why they tried to provide amatuer records. I'd be surprised if they were accurate.
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:55 PM #3
Paul Williams beat Lara

Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 28,591.28
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong Knows his stuff - jas great poster - jas 

I think They are taking on more than They can handle.
They will slowly update those records over the years, but maybe our grand-sons will be seeing complete records. I'm not sure how it worsk with kickboxing and Muay-Thai, but amateur boxing fights from decades ago are pretty much impossible to gather. Not even fighters know their exact records and no one used to (Probably still isn't) reporting results of every tournament.

Hardly any of those amateur records right now are complete, just major tournaments... As a record keeping site, not sure how that makes any sense tbh.
Mastrangelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:55 PM #4
20 million lil chuckles

Quoted: 3962 Post(s)
Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,490.34
Total Points: 160,898.14
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
So, this is not exactly "news" to dedicated boxing fans, as we often use Boxrec to analyze the records of our favourite fighters... But since some time ago, Boxrec started showing amateur boxing, kickboxing and muay thai records, among other things.

Months has passed and none of these records are complete by now. If you watch Jarrell Miller's kickboxing record, for example, it only shows 4 fights, 2 of them being his losses against Mirko Filipovic, which is totally misleading, as he won at least 20 fights with his only losses being to Filipovic, as far as I remember. I think it's a brilliant idea to finally get a good overview of these alternative records, but...

Do anyone know if and/or when these records will be completed? And in case they won't be completed, wouldn't it then be best to just delete the new system, in order to not discredit the fighters' accomplishments outside of pro boxing?
Perhaps you should sign up to the Boxrec forums and discuss it there, man. Just a thought. They might... y'know... have a bit more insight than the folk on here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Boxrec record queries and updates forum:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

I'd just be aware that tracking down, collating and inputting all those records is a gargantuan task, man. I've done some of that kinda work in the past and it doesn't happen by magic... that's many thousands of fighters, man, especially when you're looking at the historical record. Don't be surprised if they're still updating 5 or 10 years from now, especially the ammy stuff where there's potentially hundreds of fights for some of these guys many from times or places where there was very basic record keeping.

Last edited by Koba-Grozny; 10-18-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Koba-Grozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:08 PM #5
Neither savage nor wise.

Quoted: 5412 Post(s)
Pigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 48,726.93
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Should they delete old school fighters records as well since they're also inaccurate?
Pigeons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:15 PM #6
20 million lil chuckles

Koba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond reputeKoba-Grozny has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
I think They are taking on more than They can handle.
They will slowly update those records over the years, but maybe our grand-sons will be seeing complete records. I'm not sure how it worsk with kickboxing and Muay-Thai, but amateur boxing fights from decades ago are pretty much impossible to gather. Not even fighters know their exact records and no one used to (Probably still isn't) reporting results of every tournament.

Hardly any of those amateur records right now are complete, just major tournaments... As a record keeping site, not sure how that makes any sense tbh.
As long as you make it clear that it's a incomplete record having a single repository is surely better that not having the information at all or having to trawl through obscure Polish or Ukranian websites or whatever. I welcome it, even if it is a massive undertaking.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:24 PM #7
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21433 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,042,530.56
Total Points: 1,048,987.02
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Its a slow process bro. Most amateur records will NEVER be conpleted cuz few kept up with amateur results well enough to do so. Even if you had a boxers amateur passbook you may not have the only one as these got lost & new ones issued. So this isnt like compiling pro records at all.

And I can tell you the pro records took awhile too cuz I was a boxrec editor back in the day & whenever I went to a fight Id try to make sure all the fighters I saw had fully up to date records & I was almost always adding a couple fights to a guys record & sometimes boxrec would be missing half or more of a boxers record.

So have some patience lol. Im going with the likliness that this wont start to be truly all encomposing until a generation of fighters starting out in the amateurs now make their way to the pros cuz I think the move now is to bring on amateur programs to upload all there show results as they happen to make amateur results much more complete from now on. Idk if they are doing that already or plan to soon but that seems the obvious move to me.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:45 PM #8
Contender

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Rhonda Drowsy has a spectacular aura aboutRhonda Drowsy has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 12,911.13

Their new system is too invasive. 12 years ago it was better.
Rhonda Drowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM #9
20 million lil chuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda Drowsy View Post
Their new system is too invasive. 12 years ago it was better.
How are you meaning? Like - you're getting presented with more information than you want?

I mean as a boxing fan foremost I think it's fine... the pro boxing records are the ones that come up automatically after all and they're the ones I'll use most commonly. The only times I'll find it a bit of a pain in the ass is when I'm running through the schedules pages for the Pick Ems and I forgot to click 'Pro Boxing' instead of 'all sports' in the selection box so I have to go through like 3x as many pages... But honestly clicking on a selection box ain't really that much of a chore and having the ammy schedules and records (however incomplete) is more than worth the extra coupla seconds, far as I'm concerned.

Share This With Friends