Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 01:39 AM #61
Squ□redCircle34 Squ□redCircle34 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In a place with no name
Posts: 6,271
Quoted: 2669 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Squ□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 47,870.39
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 49,353.31
Golden goose Gennady be some funny shyt huh lmao - Scott. Weiland LMFAO - Scott. Weiland Great posting sir. - anthonydavid11 That was too funny - Nomadic GREAT poster! Always logical and on point! - JK1700 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
I’m assuming u know ur history going back to Tom Cribb based on where u place Floyd and Manny. From what I’ve read Bill Richmond was a great p4p fighter in the literal sense. But I find it hard to quantify fighters before my time. I just don’t know enough, especially on opponents faced. Who’s ur top ten? I’m impressed u took the effort to compile a long list. It’s all up for debate.
1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Henry Armstrong
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Roberto Duran
5. Joe Louis
6. Sugar Ray Leonard
7. Sam Langford
8. Willie Pep
9. Sandy Saddler
10. Harry Greb/Gene Tunney

I could see Ruben Olivares sliding into 10 due to the competition he defeated And Joe Gans for the sheer domination he had to the point he could fight 3 fights in 1 night!

It’s very tough but like I said likely when Canelo and Pacquiao retires, I will likely boost Floyd higher!

People just don’t comprehend when they see a once in a lifetime fighter like Floyd!

The marksmanship, speed, footwork, balance, counters for counters, counter traps, inside and outside boxing and his ability to adjust what’s in front of him!

I think his best attribute has to be his ring IQ!
Squ□redCircle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:08 AM #62
FredRekk FredRekk is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1,602
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
FredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond reputeFredRekk has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 42,645.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 42,645.95
Default

Floyd? Didn’t Serafim whoop his arse?
FredRekk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:09 AM #63
Blond Beast Blond Beast is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,212
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
Blond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud of
Points: 26,658.98
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 27,968.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Henry Armstrong
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Roberto Duran
5. Joe Louis
6. Sugar Ray Leonard
7. Sam Langford
8. Willie Pep
9. Sandy Saddler
10. Harry Greb/Gene Tunney

I could see Ruben Olivares sliding into 10 due to the competition he defeated And Joe Gans for the sheer domination he had to the point he could fight 3 fights in 1 night!

It’s very tough but like I said likely when Canelo and Pacquiao retires, I will likely boost Floyd higher!

People just don’t comprehend when they see a once in a lifetime fighter like Floyd!

The marksmanship, speed, footwork, balance, counters for counters, counter traps, inside and outside boxing and his ability to adjust what’s in front of him!

I think his best attribute has to be his ring IQ!
Good list. I’m a big Floyd fan. Saw him turn pro, and at one point early in his career we called him “The last of the undefeated”. My brothers and I were lucky enough to take my dad to Floyd vs Judah. Everyone says he was better than they expected. One of my favourite quotes is “I damn near feel every punch coming”. I loved watching him work. He was all wrong for everyone. His lead right...
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:25 AM #64
Squ□redCircle34 Squ□redCircle34 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In a place with no name
Posts: 6,271
Quoted: 2669 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Squ□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 47,870.39
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 49,353.31
Golden goose Gennady be some funny shyt huh lmao - Scott. Weiland LMFAO - Scott. Weiland Great posting sir. - anthonydavid11 That was too funny - Nomadic GREAT poster! Always logical and on point! - JK1700 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
Good list. I’m a big Floyd fan. Saw him turn pro, and at one point early in his career we called him “The last of the undefeated”. My brothers and I were lucky enough to take my dad to Floyd vs Judah. Everyone says he was better than they expected. One of my favourite quotes is “I damn near feel every punch coming”. I loved watching him work. He was all wrong for everyone. His lead right...
Thanks, I try to have my list a mix of nuance and balances but quality nonetheless and a lil bit of performance driven!

Yes, watching Floyd fight live is a marvel in itself!

I remember watching the Mosley fight, that second round will go down in history as the closest Floyd legitimately was going to have his back on the canvass!

Mosley got too excited for a very small window of opportunity!

I was really thinking Mosley was gonna finish Floyd as he was a great finisher but that fight showed me along with Floyd’s ring IQ is his bread butter the lead right and so many different ways he uses it to set up his other puncher or used it to set up traps!

Loved the lead right hand pull counter he caught Shane with when Shane tried to counter with the left hook after hitting Floyd with the jab!

Just beautiful boxing, would love for someone to interview Floyd on how his mind works in the ring while watching his fights with him, think a Stuart Scott(Rest in Peace) would’ve done it incredibly!

There’s a reason I called him Sage Mode Mayweather sometimes!
Squ□redCircle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:38 AM #65
Blond Beast Blond Beast is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,212
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
Blond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud of
Points: 26,658.98
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 27,968.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
Thanks, I try to have my list a mix of nuance and balances but quality nonetheless and a lil bit of performance driven!

Yes, watching Floyd fight live is a marvel in itself!

I remember watching the Mosley fight, that second round will go down in history as the closest Floyd legitimately was going to have his back on the canvass!

Mosley got too excited for a very small window of opportunity!

I was really thinking Mosley was gonna finish Floyd as he was a great finisher but that fight showed me along with Floyd’s ring IQ is his bread butter the lead right and so many different ways he uses it to set up his other puncher or used it to set up traps!

Loved the lead right hand pull counter he caught Shane with when Shane tried to counter with the left hook after hitting Floyd with the jab!

Just beautiful boxing, would love for someone to interview Floyd on how his mind works in the ring while watching his fights with him, think a Stuart Scott(Rest in Peace) would’ve done it incredibly!

There’s a reason I called him Sage Mode Mayweather sometimes!
Yeah Mosely got a couple real shots on him that round. I was impressed how Mayweather survived and clinched considering he wasent used to that. Kudos to Mosley but it wasent close after that. Not many remember but it’s on YouTube, Canelo vs Jose Cotto first round was the hardest Canelo was rocked. Worth a look. One HW who may not have the best resume but I think would be a match for anyone is Vitali Klitschko. He could put in on you.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:44 AM #66
Johnwoo8686 Johnwoo8686 is offline
The Devil's Double
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,127
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
Johnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,516.02
Bank: 1,208.68
Total Points: 14,724.70
No Message - Johnwoo8686 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Molded out of Canelo's Snake just for you. - robust_ Youn can pretend it's Floyd and you're Bieber - Freedom. You can pretend it's Floyd and put it in your mouth - Freedom. 
You can fantasize it's Floyd sodomizing you - Freedom. You can fantasize it's Floyd sodomizing you - Freedom. You can pretend the apple is the head of Floyd's penis - Freedom. For your childish worship of Floyd - Freedom. Hands down the most devoted Floyd slurper on here. Use this to help you get off to your one true love,  Floyd Mayweather. - Hype Job 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRekk View Post
Floyd’s fight wo Canelo doesn’t mean much, way before Canelo prime.
And he fought PAC way past his prime.

Floyd, is just not the greatest.
I know it’s hard for you f l 0 m 0z to accept it but, accept it.
LOL dumbass. Since when is 23 "way before a fighters prime?" You do know that Tyson, De La Hoya, Ali, and Sugar ray Leonard were all considered prime at 23? The same age Canelo was when he got schooled by Floyd.

And Pacquiao is still winning championship fights years after losing to Floyd. So he couldn't have been over the hill when Floyd beat him.
Johnwoo8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:54 AM #67
NachoMan NachoMan is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,325
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 36,020.94
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 37,541.31
Collection starter - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
Whipping someone's ass can also mean making them look foolish for 12 rounds no? Making the fight look like a sparring session no? I certainly think so.
No. You do not have permission to re-define the expression. I just rewatched Mosley v Margarito last night. That was an ass whipping that you may wish to view for reference.

Floyd Mayweather outpointed a FOTD in unspectacular fashion is about the best that I can concede.
NachoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM #68
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4,393
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,297.21
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 79,729.25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post

It’s very tough but like I said likely when Canelo and Pacquiao retires, I will likely boost Floyd higher!

People just don’t comprehend when they see a once in a lifetime fighter like Floyd!

The marksmanship, speed, footwork, balance, counters for counters, counter traps, inside and outside boxing and his ability to adjust what’s in front of him!

I think his best attribute has to be his ring IQ!
- -U Ellerbeewannabee?

TUE 50-0?

Squallin' to his daddy vs Maidana?

U talkin' sissy league great?
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:07 PM #69
Boxing101_ Boxing101_ is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 231
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Boxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing101_ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,628.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,628.90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Floyd s cw green win over nel o isn't a great win. Great performance but not great win.
Nel o is nearly level with Floyd legacy wise now
Who Tf Cares?! it makes no sense how many of you grown ass men can have so much hate for this guy. Canelo will never be mayweather, never will be on the same level, you shouldnt even mention those names together in the same sentence.
Boxing101_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:10 PM #70
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4,393
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 78,297.21
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 79,729.25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
LOL dumbass. Since when is 23 "way before a fighters prime?" You do know that Tyson, De La Hoya, Ali, and Sugar ray Leonard were all considered prime at 23? The same age Canelo was when he got schooled by Floyd.

And Pacquiao is still winning championship fights years after losing to Floyd. So he couldn't have been over the hill when Floyd beat him.
- -U drop out in 3rd grade?
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.