Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev has done 7 IBF 10lb Morning Weigh Ins - Will he do a Jacobs!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
    Or he doesn’t care if Kovalev rehydrates properly, he just doesn’t want him coming in absurdly high? That would be too crazy wouldn’t it?
    Umm no. There's no restriction on rehydrating after the weigh in. Canelo is not 100 percent confident he can beat Kovalev without a rehydration clause hence why he put that in there. He's trying to prevent Kovalev from fully rehydrating within the first 24 hours.
    Last edited by satiev1; 11-01-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
      These guys don’t realize Kovalev can weigh whatever he wants in the ring.
      I take it you've never done combat sports before or had to cut weight. boxing, mma, wrestling, etc. The first 24 hours are the most crucial when it comes to rehydrating. Canelo knows this.

Comment

What did Canelo do to opponents? Which fights? Get ready to be schooled, boy!
        He rehydrated a lot. The whole argument I was making to the guy I quoted, was that he thinks Canelo wanted to possibly limit Kovalev getting too big overnight, which is funny considering how big Canelo himself got in some of his fights. Respect to Canelo going up, but don't even try to limit anyone from rehydrating what they want. So what if Kovalev did that with the IBF before. That was over two years ago. Don't move up divisions and ask that these guys to limit themselves in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          There's no restriction on rehydrating after the weigh in. Canelo is not 100 percent confident he can beat Kovalev without a rehydration clause hence why he put that in there.
          That logic makes no sense. You might as well ask the IBF the same question. Or better yet, you EU only boys didn’t mind Lomachenko agreeing to the morning weigh in against Rigo. Have some faith in Kovalev. Lol. Being worried ain’t gangsta mayne!

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            He rehydrated a lot. The whole argument I was making to the guy I quoted, was that he thinks Canelo wanted to possibly limit Kovalev getting too big overnight, which is funny considering how big Canelo himself got in some of his fights. Respect to Canelo going up, but don't even try to limit anyone from rehydrating what they want. So what if Kovalev did that with the IBF before. That was over two years ago. Don't move up divisions and ask that these guys to limit themselves in any way.
            Name those fights! You still haven’t!

Comment

Name those fights! You still haven’t!
              We all know which ones. I'm actually not going to say which ones, yet, just to make it seem like I'm making **** up.

Comment

That logic makes no sense. You might as well ask the IBF the same question. Or better yet, you EU only boys didn’t mind Lomachenko agreeing to the morning weigh in against Rigo. Have some faith in Kovalev. Lol. Being worried ain’t gangsta mayne!
                Of course it makes sense which is why there's no rehydration clauses in most championship fights unless one party wants to gain an unfair advantage. This isn't an IBF title bout.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  But it's alright when Canelo got to do that against several opponents...
                  What opponents would that be? Cotto and Khan? Cotto got straight up outboxed so the weight was barley a factor. The rest of his JR middleweight opponents that had fight night weights released were all very close to his size. Trout 172, Ángulo 171.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
                    What opponents would that be? Cotto and Khan? Cotto got straight up outboxed so the weight was barley a factor. The rest of his JR middleweight opponents that had fight night weights released were all very close to his size. Trout 172, Ángulo 171.
                    There's others...

Comment

Working...
                    X