Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pacquiao insist on rehydration clause if Spence fight is made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    Not counting food, its all water 15lbs of water is about 6ltrs or a gallon and 1/2 , its possible but its a lot of gain in 12hrs that could only be done with IV if you want it in the system not the gut and thats a IV bag every 2hrs.

People in here have some very skewed ideas of weight in fighters, the vast majority of full blown WWs that hit 147 weigh-in will be 158-165 on fight night. The bigger guys will dry out more to make weight so the smaller guys might weigh-in the same or near but they didnt dry out so wont gain much at all come fight night.
    The most Spence was going to gain he would have already gained after the initial weigh in and after his sleep. He's not going to just gain 8 pounds from 3 pm to 8 am the next day to then gaining an additional 12 points from 8 am to 8 pm. I mean you give an scenario where it can happen, but that is unrealistic here and obviously not something Spence or anyone else would be doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      The most Spence was going to gain he would have already gained after the initial weigh in and after his sleep. He's not going to just gain 8 pounds from 3 pm to 8 am the next day to then gaining an additional 12 points from 8 am to 8 pm. I mean you give an scenario where it can happen, but that is unrealistic here and obviously not something Spence or anyone else would be doing.
      Yes Im agreeing with you showing how unrealistic it is , a 1000ml IV every 2 hrs which is redicules and would make a very puffy water logged fighter because its not at cell level. In rare occasions like Gatti 20lb rehydration still takes 30hrs not 12.

Fanboys like to make their enemies as monster as can be, the bigger they are the bigger the win if they beat them, and the less the loss if they lose to them

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        160-162 is A LOT more realistic than thinking he is going to come in at 167-170.

I don't understand how people think the man magically goes from 155.5 pounds at 8 am to 170 pounds within 12 hours.
        I know some UFC fighters who go up 15 to 20 pounds in 24 hours after weigh ins. I think Spence is 160 on fight night or 162, he said his walk around weigh is around 175.

In training cAmp they diet so he will lose at least 7 to 10 pounds fat. Then they will sap water for him to be healthy he has to hydrate to at least 160 pounds. I dont like the
        IBF rule though of having to restrict them under ten pound rehydrations its dangerous. It could weaken a fighter and cause them not to get enough fluid in the brain.

Antonio Margarito when he fought pacman was 168 pounds the morning of the fight, eaner who posts on here and was working with margarito posted the day of and said he was 168 pounds so margarito was probably 172 on fight night.

The only other fighter i remember who ballooned the next day was joshua clottey, one of his fights he rehydrated to the low 170s. Some guys are good at sapping water to make weight and then hydrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Why would Pac do that? He didn’t insist on Keef doing VADA testing, why would he insist on rehydration clause for Spence? Pac isn’t really into all those sort of demands.
          VADA testing Manny lol, testing is a two way street one does it so does the other, why Manny wasnt tested by VADA going into a big fight is very strange, signs for 360 testing and is not tested leading up to a big PPV thats weird.

Now weight stipulations is a one way street and Manny has made many of those sorts of demands, actually a career of them.

Comment

Working...
          X