No announcement yet.

Franchise Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    What in the f#ck is going on with this belt?

Hearing WBC Guy on a podcast today saying Canelo can't even lose this belt & no one can win it off of him?!?!?!

Its a non-transferable belt lol.

I musta missed this news when all this franchise sh^t got announced cuz my eyes just sorta gloss over at a new belt announcement.

This sounds like its basically locking in Canelo as a WBC fighter more than a WBC champion.

This sh^t is f#cking up title lineage like a mfer & in a whole new way then the multiple champions era has.
    So Canelo went from being wbc champ to franchise and they upgraded the Charlo brother.

So now if u beat Canelo (who's originally the wbc mw champ,not Charlo)

You get a mando for charlos wbc belt, even tho you just beat the legit mw champ

That shiiit is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Canelo is the franchise champ but when he fights the WBC Diamond Championship belt is on the line and that can definitely be lost and transferred.

According to WBC when the Franchise Champion fights

5. The WBC may award a Diamond Championship belt in those fights in which the Franchise Champion engages. If the Franchise Champion loses, the winner will receive the Diamond belt
      The lineal title will be a diamond belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        You already know Canelo v Kovalev the WBC Diamond belt will be there front and center

What you are saying is wishful thinking from your part the WBC could've easily named Canelo the 160 Diamond belt champ if that was the case and they would officially make Diamond belt the highest champ instead of just "honorary belt" like it says in their official website

The WBC specifically said Canelo will represent them regardless of weight class or results of the fights so basically he is ambassador not the real champ
        Of course they could of just out right elevated him to WBC Diamond champ like they did Linares but if they did that then they can still tell canelo who he has to fight and order mandatories on Canelo. The entire purpose of making this franchise tag is now canelo is still champion but above mandatories hence the new franchise title but when he fights they will put the WBC Diamond belt on the line so his opponent has something they can actually win if they beat him. The WBC Diamond belt can transferred. With Linares the WBC set the precedent that the WBC Diamond belt can even be used to unify with other belt orgs something you dont do with a secondary belt or just a normal honorary belt.

And nope I don't think for a second that if canelo fights Kovalev the WBC will put the Diamond belt up for grabs if that were the case then in their statement about the franchise tag they would of flat out said every time he fights the WBC Diamond belt will be defended and on the line. They added wording to give them the ability to wait and see who canelo fights and most importantly at what weight. At 160 it's easy that shyt will be on the line but what if it's a catchweight north of 160 what if it's 1 or 2 full weight classes up? Then the WBC can just make up another Cinco De Mayo or Mexican Independence honorary belt like they have done in the past for Canelo or Floyd that holds zero weight. That's what I think they will do if he fights Kovalev. If Canelo fights at 160 the WBC Diamond belt will definitely be up for grabs and the winner becomes the true WBC champ gets the Diamond belt and the WBC by their own rules are supposed to mandate that the WBC Diamond and WBC Regular champ must fight. It's basically WBA Super belt but with no mandatories. Creating 2 champs in a single weight is stupid but the WBC added the ability for the WBC lineage to change hands.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-12-2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I'm not even sure what the diamond belt is lol.

The emeritus is about a retired fighter doe I know that so its not like that. The emeritus belt gives a retired champion the ability to come back to fight for the belt.

Belts are becoming like special items in a f#cking Legend of Zelda game.
          i remember martinez getting the emeritus champion status back in 2012 when the wbc gave the actual belt to chavez jr, but also sergio got the diamond belt as well, so they might be the same thing

Comment

What in the f#ck is going on with this belt?

Hearing WBC Guy on a podcast today saying Canelo can't even lose this belt & no one can win it off of him?!?!?!

Its a non-transferable belt lol.

I musta missed this news when all this franchise sh^t got announced cuz my eyes just sorta gloss over at a new belt announcement.

This sounds like its basically locking in Canelo as a WBC fighter more than a WBC champion.

This sh^t is f#cking up title lineage like a mfer & in a whole new way then the multiple champions era has.
            Yup, this is a perfect example of favoritism and preferential treatment to a cash cow man. Oscar got deep connections in boxing and has lifted Canelo up to an untouchable cloud where he doesn't need to box the best. They can strip Canelo, like they did recently and gave the belt to Charlo, and it won't affect Canelo because now he is a "Franchise Champ". Nonsense man.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              So Canelo went from being wbc champ to franchise and they upgraded the Charlo brother.

So now if u beat Canelo (who's originally the wbc mw champ,not Charlo)

You get a mando for charlos wbc belt, even tho you just beat the legit mw champ

That shiiit is dumb

Yea idk wtf WBC Guy took that this sounded like some genius next level sh^t thats good for boxing, but I'll stick with weed edibles cuz the sh^t he's taking fook you up too much.

Comment

Working...
              X