Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I'm Rooting For Broner To Beat Garcia, He Can Do It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: I'm Rooting For Broner To Beat Garcia, He Can Do It!

Former world champion and Golden Boy Promotions partner Bernard Hopkins is really rooting for Adrien Broner (36-0, 30 KOs) to pull off the upset on July 29th, when he faces undefeated Mikey Garcia (36-0, 30 KOs) in a highly anticipated showdown. Garcia, who is currently the WBC lightweight champion and regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in boxing, will move up to junior welterweight to face Broner at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This seems like a potential foty candidate 4 sure. Broner is very talented & underrated. I still got Garcia by tko in the 10th,but Broner has an impressive resume himself despite losses. The irony is I despise Broner,he seems like this 19 yr old crackbaby I used to know who was the biggest dirtbag I've ever met. broner even looks like a crackbaby too straight up,he has all the signs & appearance.

Comment

Will the ref allow Garcia to wear some type of protective padding to lessen the effects of any shots to the jaw like Broner is wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333
        Weird to me since Garcia's from Philly but he can root for who he wants
        Your thinking of Danny Garcia,wrong Garcia entirely,Danny would beat broner with ease(though mikeys more skilled,hes smaller)

Comment

Proofreading FTW.

Broner isn't 36-0 (30 KOs)

Comment

GBP must be salty that Garcia hasn't signed with them! I bet they would've made Garcia vs. Linares if Mikey signed. They don't want to see Mikey beat Broner, and then come into the Linares fight with all the confidence in the world! If he beats Broner, he comes to the table for Linares as a 4X World Champion, undefeated, and the clear A-side!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              GBP must be salty that Garcia hasn't signed with them! I bet they would've made Garcia vs. Linares if Mikey signed. They don't want to see Mikey beat Broner, and then come into the Linares fight with all the confidence in the world! If he beats Broner, he comes to the table for Linares as a 4X World Champion, undefeated, and the clear A-side!
              I dunno man...if B-HOP had picked Garcia, you would have probably said something like"he is picking Garcia because Broner is signed with Haymon..."
              Maybe he is picking Broner because he knows him personally and just likes him...

Comment

I believe Broner might pull this off too. The Broner I knew, we he didn't think he was Mayweather rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I think you are stretching big time. Sounds to me like Hopkins is just a fan of Broner and picking him to win a fight that has NOTHING to do with Golden Boy. Hell if this were about long term Golden Boy implications then he would root for Garcia because that's the guy they might sign later on and any loss probably kills a fight with Linares. No shot he losses to Broner and then fights Linares back to back.

If Oscar said this then maybe there is ulterior motives but Hopkins is more of a straight shooter he also works for HBO and gives his analysis for many non golden boy fights and has picked guys that go against Golden Boy best interests many times.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Not everyday you see a Lightweight jump up to Jr. WELTERWEIGHT and fight a guy in his prime and be the huge favorite

Comment

Working...
                    X