Lara vs Castaño next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara vs Castaño next year?

via Dan Rafael:

"One of the moves made at the annual WBA convention, which is going on in Medellin, Colombia, came at junior middleweight. With “regular” titlist Demetrius Andrade moving up to middleweight that belt became vacant so the WBA elevated interim titlist Brian Castano to “regular” titleholder with Erislandy Lara still owning its “super” title. But the WBA is making progress reducing the number of world titles it sanctions in the same division, which it has promised to do. It's down to multiple titles in seven of the 17 weight divisions, a major improvement from a year ago. However, it still recognizes three titleholders (super, regular, interim) in two divisions, featherweight and junior featherweight. The featherweight division will be cut to two when “super” titlist Leo Santa Cruz and “regular” titleholder Abner Mares meet in a rematch slate for March. Also, the WBA has said it will order Lara-Castano, which will eliminate another title."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-21219737

Decent fight. Castano is aggressive so he will force Lara to work. He had a lengthy amateur career too so he should have some experience against movers

Comment

Has he even been paid for the Soro fight yet lol?

Brian (weird to call an argie brian) is very talented but i still think hes way too small for 154...imagine him in with hurd, the height difference would be ridiculous.
      i don't think lara takes that fight btw, too high risk for too low reward, they need a big payday now before the last 3 hipster fans lose all interest in him tbh

Comment

Lets hope so, good fight

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

Brian (weird to call an argie brian) is very talented but i still think hes way too small for 154...imagine him in with hurd, the height difference would be ridiculous.
          i don't think lara takes that fight btw, too high risk for too low reward, they need a big payday now before the last 3 hipster fans lose all interest in him tbh
          i wish he could make 147 but he can't or that's what they say. he already almost died trying to make weight once, he didn't fight for like a year. was dehydrated really bad

Comment

It's mandatory. And Lara will have no trouble with him. Hurd has to fight his mando next also anyway but Charlo is free to fight anyone.

Comment

He didn't get paid for that fight? Is there a story? Hadn't heard anything about all that.

As to the OP news I guess this news means that Lara vs BCC happens before mid-2019 according to some news just a few days earlier. I got no faith in the WBA's process to downsize there belts in a very timely fashion. I mean ffs its been going on a couple years already & he confirmed a couple days ago that it'll be going on around another 20ish months.

Personally idk if thats a great fight for BCC to take so soon. I think he's a promising guy & I think he could use some further seasoning in the division before fight Lara. Not to mention Lara getting a lil older or a lil slower. I'd like to see BCC & Hurd fight doe. I think that'd be a really good younger elite level guys fight.

And I'd rather see Lara vs Charlo figure out if Lara is still the #1 guy in the division cuz Charlo's been looking good as of late + I think its about time Lara as fought a top guy beyond all that #1 guy in the division sh^t. Lara is my boy, but he's been on that Stevenson bs lately.

Comment

I was just wondering about this fight....

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He didn't get paid for that fight? Is there a story? Hadn't heard anything about all that.

As to the OP news I guess this news means that Lara vs BCC happens before mid-2019 according to some news just a few days earlier. I got no faith in the WBA's process to downsize there belts in a very timely fashion. I mean ffs its been going on a couple years already & he confirmed a couple days ago that it'll be going on around another 20ish months.

Personally idk if thats a great fight for BCC to take so soon. I think he's a promising guy & I think he could use some further seasoning in the division before fight Lara. Not to mention Lara getting a lil older or a lil slower. I'd like to see BCC & Hurd fight doe. I think that'd be a really good younger elite level guys fight.

And I'd rather see Lara vs Charlo figure out if Lara is still the #1 guy in the division cuz Charlo's been looking good as of late + I think its about time Lara as fought a top guy beyond all that #1 guy in the division sh^t. Lara is my boy, but he's been on that Stevenson bs lately.
                  last time i heard, from contursi (brian's manager) he wasn't paid for the fight and he (contursi) was gonna pay him from his own pocket.

Comment

WBA definitely screwed up with the Andrade vs Lara fight.
                    They should have ordered it right after the Culcay fight.
                    There was no rhyme or reason to let Lara fight Gausha.

Comment

Working...
                    X