Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy fights in the history section?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is hilarious is some folks on here promoting the urban legend that Wilt was the strongest man in the world. I would bet my virtual life he was not in earth's top 50 for pure strength, though for the combination of strength and stamina together, he would probably have been a ranker.

Pure and simple, the stilt man would snap his own ankles trying to complete some of the lifting events in The World's Strongest Man contest. No way would he be anywhere near as strong as Z or Brian Shaw. In his day the Great Alexyev would have broken Wilt in half like a stick of kindling. But like I said, in the discus or javelin, he would probably have been unbeatable, and those are strength events which, however, also require a massive amount of technique.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      What is hilarious is some folks on here promoting the urban legend that Wilt was the strongest man in the world. I would bet my virtual life he was not in earth's top 50 for pure strength, though for the combination of strength and stamina together, he would probably have been a ranker.

Pure and simple, the stilt man would snap his own ankles trying to complete some of the lifting events in The World's Strongest Man contest. No way would he be anywhere near as strong as Z or Brian Shaw. In his day the Great Alexyev would have broken Wilt in half like a stick of kindling. But like I said, in the discus or javelin, he would probably have been unbeatable, and those are strength events which, however, also require a massive amount of technique.
      Can we arrange that? Winner take all? We go down into the basement and lock the door. When it's done either Dempsey-Louis or The Old Left Hook never posts again.

You can reappear as someone else, but never as The Old Left Hook again.

Can we come up with a bet, I would love to win your virtual life?

Comment

I hope you guys enjoy all the fantasy fights currently in the history section....

Comment

We get complains about fantasy fights in the section. Fyi this thread is why they are here.

Vote for how you want it.

Comment

- -How's about the first Queensberry champ who was also unified as the last bareknucks champ even if that was not his forte.

Against the modern day legend in his own mind, the all time short notice TBA champ, Deyonce?

Bareknucks with either John L allowed to train on Wilder's VADA vitamins or Deyonce having to train on John L's table.

In shape both about the same weight with Deyonce being 7-8" taller with reach advantage.

Well?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              There has been made quite a few of these threads in this section recently. So far, I have posted the link to the proper section and subsequently locked the thread or just deleted or locked them.

Apparently some of our regulars here’s not happy about it, so I think we need a poll on this.

Question: Should threads about fantasy fights be allowed in the history section?
              I voted "no" but its not that important to me if people want em. I find that topic attracts near do wells like Queensbury, who have these outlandish hyperbolic opinions about Wilt, like he was some kind of uberman.

Some might enjoy it, for me? I would rather listen to an Aztec Death Whistle, in stereo than hear Queensbury drain my IQ slowly with boozy tales of how Wilt would be the heavyweight champ, wilt could surpass Templeton, Wilt could put his size 15's up Chuck Norris' @33

yea gods!!!! Spare me!!!!

Comment

Run along, Nelson. You are not smart enough to determine what is history and what is not. I wouldn't give you a load like that to lift. We like our fantasy fights. Go police your rowdies. You can understand them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Run along, Nelson. You are not smart enough to determine what is history and what is not. I wouldn't give you a load like that to lift. We like our fantasy fights. Go police your rowdies. You can understand them.

Take your medication and a nap ole bud. You need it.

Comment

Nelson, by Sneezy I need halfwits to tell me what history is. This place is hopeless. Even getting rid of you would not save them now. You stole my points and had the temerity to make jokes about it. Find a new job. I believe you are done here. You are so smart that you write polls asking the guys who post fantasy fights if fantasy fights should be allowed in the history section.

Comment

Working...
                    X