Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never realized how cringeworthy and awkward Keith Thurman is lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep he has always been like that doe. He was trying to hard here too, I remember the shout out to “San Diego” or San Francisco... then when he tried to outtalk/call out Paulie M (Boy did he regret that).... He has all these one liners that he obviously has rehearsed beforehand, but after that he has nothing else but to repeat and rinse his words.

Comment

I like the dude. Fkn hippie. But yeah, I ain't sure the fake badass BS comes naturally to him and it does come off a bit awkward at times.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Thurman is ducking Spence. If he beats Pac, it would be interesting to see how he would maneuver his way into avoiding Errol as there would be no more excuses left.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I like the dude. Fkn hippie. But yeah, I ain't sure the fake badass BS comes naturally to him and it does come off a bit awkward at times.
          i mean it should.

he's a professional boxer.

that should come naturally. his job literally requires him to be a bad ass dude. you punch people in the face for a living.

even pacquiao who portrays a good humble guy to the public, people who know him know he is in cahoots with the criminal syndicates in the phillippines and is a known womanizer.

keith needs a kardashian. but boxers dont make enough money for them unless you're ppv superstar like floyd. and i think keith would get destroyed by the kardashian's luciferian lifestyle.

Comment

Where you been? Thurman been cornball as f#ck.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
              I'm pretty sure Thurman is ducking Spence. If he beats Pac, it would be interesting to see how he would maneuver his way into avoiding Errol as there would be no more excuses left.
              I hesitate to say ANYONE at this level is ducking anyone else. But I do think Thurman thinks Spence is his MayPac level cashout fight, but the reality is that fight is never gonna be as big as it could be til Spence makes a bigger name for himself & thats gonna require Spence beating Thurman or Manny.

So its a bit of a catch 22 for Thurman. He wants Spence to be bigger so he can cashout on a Spence fight, but Spence don't get bigger unless he fights a big name.

And sh^t thats not even bringing up that Thurman's value has taken a hit with all his inactivity lately.

Spence vs Thurman is never going to be THAT big of a fight with how things are shaking out.

Or thats how I see it based on some things I've heard Thurman say.

Spence is in a sh^tty situation. As a fan of Spence I think he could be one of the faces of boxing, but its taking him forever to get a fight that realllllllly matters to fans. At this point I wouldn't be mad at Spence saying f#ck all this bs & just leaving 147 cuz TR ain't gonna let Bud vs Spence happen no matter what Bob is saying & Thurman is planning his retirement on a Spence fight & Manny doesn't seem to want that fight. Everyone at 147 is playing f#cking games. Go to 154 win a belt or two. Go to 160 & have a Superfight vs Canelo.

Comment

I don't know, I'm of two minds about the whole thing. Part of me agrees wholeheartedly with those who say Thurman's theatrics, especially the attempts at badassery, come off as cringy and contrived. The soft spoken gentleman routine is clearly the more natural fit for him, and there's no shame in that. Part of me also thinks a huge segment of this sport's fans are far too hung up on image and persona, fiercely rejecting anyone carrying the faintest whiff of idiosyncrasy or "geekiness"...not that boxing is unique in that regard. Ponytail? Flute circles? Oh no this will not do...no individuals allowed, only cartoonish alpha archetypes. Persona and pursuits outside the ring ultimately have no bearing on talent and skill, but one gets the impression a huge segment of fans would like to will that correlation into existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post
                  I don't know, I'm of two minds about the whole thing. Part of me agrees wholeheartedly with those who say Thurman's theatrics, especially the attempts at badassery, come off as cringy and contrived. The soft spoken gentleman routine is clearly the more natural fit for him, and there's no shame in that. Part of me also thinks a huge segment of this sport's fans are far too hung up on image and persona, fiercely rejecting anyone carrying the faintest whiff of idiosyncrasy or "geekiness"...not that boxing is unique in that regard. Ponytail? Flute circles? Oh no this will not do...no individuals allowed, only cartoonish alpha archetypes. Persona and pursuits outside the ring ultimately have no bearing on talent and skill, but one gets the impression a huge segment of fans would like to will that correlation into existence.
                  Boxing fans tend to have a pretty primitive mind.

Very eloquently said, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                    When did that happen?
                    He started doing a shoulder dance walking the red carpet

Comment

He's a bigger cornball than Jermell.

Comment

Working...
                      X