No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    the two fights for this weekend is up.....

nothing to get excited about really but hey its boxing so
    Not gonna do either of this weekends for the Pick 'em I think, but we'll be back with likely either a double or triple for 13th/14th. Loma vs Crolla, probably Quillin vs Truax and I'm considering giving the ladies some love with Shields vs Hammer... possibly the most interest I've seen in a women's fight (though that's still not much) so it's probably now or never.

Comment

Wait the results haven't been updated for 2 months or is there another thread?

Y'all need to have a weed endorsement cuz y'all some unmotivated standings updaters lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Wait the results haven't been updated for 2 months or is there another thread?

Y'all need to have a weed endorsement cuz y'all some unmotivated standings updaters lmfao.
        All my fault, man. I ain't got 'fuckin hippie' as my byline for no reason. My smoking days may be past but I ain't ever gonna be one of your motivated dudes...

Nah. Combination of me having a lot on - trying to get a little business started and me also being a lazy ass mfer - but I will get it done. Probably gonna mean pulling an all-nighter at some point in the next coupla weeks though - 'less I can streamline it there's probably about a solid 6 or 7 hours of inputting to do including this weeks'. Like most jobs though it don't get easier the more you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          All my fault, man. I ain't got 'fuckin hippie' as my byline for no reason. My smoking days may be past but I ain't ever gonna be one of your motivated dudes...

Nah. Combination of me having a lot on - trying to get a little business started and me also being a lazy ass mfer - but I will get it done. Probably gonna mean pulling an all-nighter at some point in the next coupla weeks though - 'less I can streamline it there's probably about a solid 6 or 7 hours of inputting to do including this weeks'. Like most jobs though it don't get easier the more you think about it.
          Whatcha doing to calculate this all up? Seems like it'd be fairly easy to keep up with a spreadsheet that you got everything linked up in to add up into updated results more easily.

I'm not a spreadsheet genius or anything, but spreadsheets make a lot of the sh^t I eff with easier & it seems like it'd make something like this easy to. Just have to copy/paste the latest results & your good.

And sh^t man might even be a easier way idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Whatcha doing to calculate this all up? Seems like it'd be fairly easy to keep up with a spreadsheet that you got everything linked up in to add up into updated results more easily.

I'm not a spreadsheet genius or anything, but spreadsheets make a lot of the sh^t I eff with easier & it seems like it'd make something like this easy to. Just have to copy/paste the latest results & your good.

And sh^t man might even be a easier way idk.
            Probably woulda been easier if I'd just started that way but at the time I started I was running under a linux OS and every time I tried to export my spreadsheet into html I kept running into a space stripping problem - ended up with the site shunting any empty spaces in the table to above the table and leaving a half page gap between the text and the leaderboard, no matter what space stripping apps I used or the various other tricks I tried. At the time I had more time on my hands so I just got into the habit of of manually inputting the results direct into the html tabulated post keeping about 3 windows open at once... needs some pretty intense focus but I got pretty quick with it.

That's one of the ideas I'm gonna pursue - I'm dual booting Win 10 now so I'm hoping it'll be more straightforward to do the spreadsheet to html inport/export, but it'll still take a little time to play around with and ultimately the numbers still need putting in which is what takes most of the time. Beginning to wish we'd stuck with the poll method Pick Em as BroBob ran it, but that brings it's own set of problems.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-22-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I was gonna comment same thing Panda did but had second thoughts because I know it's Alot of work .

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                I was gonna comment same thing Panda did but had second thoughts because I know it's Alot of work .
                S'Okay, man... I committed to this ish and I probably do need a little prodding from time to time... that said if anyone around here has experience with exporting Open Office spreadsheets into html format without losing the table formating or running into blank space problems it'd be much appreciated. I messed around with that ish for a few days when I took over from BroBob but just gave up and went for the brute force approach when I couldn't easily make it work. If I'd known I'd still be doing this ish a year later I'd probably have persevered.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                  S'Okay, man... I committed to this ish and I probably do need a little prodding from time to time... that said if anyone around here has experience with exporting Open Office spreadsheets into html format without losing the table formating or running into blank space problems it'd be much appreciated. I messed around with that ish for a few days when I took over from BroBob but just gave up and went for the brute force approach when I couldn't easily make it work. If I'd known I'd still be doing this ish a year later I'd probably have persevered.
                  Well . Good to hear you're still doing it bro . Wish I could help .
                  But again . Appreciate what you do .

Comment

Nsb pick 'em 2019 #6 (02/10/19) picks and points tally.

NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #6 (02/10/19) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY.

RESULT (winner): Ramirez DEC Close

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=806064

SceneBoxer 20*
                    BLASTER1 40*
                    Blakbread904 20*
                    Robbie Barrett 30*
                    jpowell100 30*
                    Redd Foxx 30*
                    Frankieclutch 20*
                    DuckAdonis 30*
                    Chrismart 30*
                    Mammoth 20*
                    BigZ44 30*
                    BoxingFan85 30*
                    Snoop Frog 40*
                    HeadBodyBodyBody 30*
                    NC Uppercut 30*
                    Ganondorf 30*
                    AK 30*
                    Idunnoshet 20*
                    MulaKO 20*
                    RockyB 20*
                    Otrocubiche 40*
                    Koolkc107 30*
                    Eff Pandas 30*
                    Trashman_ 30*
                    ShoulderRoll 40*
                    The plunger man 20*
                    mathed 40*
                    MindGame 20*
                    ruedboy 20*
                    SinderellaMan 30*
                    Koba 40*
                    RJJ-94-02=GOAT 30*
                    Oluminati 20*
                    Damn Wicked 20*
                    Baltimore 30*
                    b morph 40 x2*
                    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 05-02-2019, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Nsb pick 'em 2019 #7 and #8 (02/23/19) picks and points tally.

NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #7 AND #8 (02/23/19) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY

Results (WINNERS):

Eubank Jr Wide Decision
                      Dirrell Close Decision

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=807130

Robbie Barrett 60 (40, 20) 1 perfect*
                      Mammoth 40*
                      Blakbread904 50*
                      DuckAdonis 60*
                      RJJ-94-02=GOAT 50*
                      SceneBoxer 30*
                      BLASTER1 20*
                      A.K 20*
                      jpowell100 20*
                      Redd Foxx 30*
                      FrankieClutch 50*
                      BoxingFan85 40*
                      BigZ44 50*
                      Eff Pandas 20*
                      Snoop Frog 30*
                      NC Uppercut 40*
                      HeadBodyBodyBody 20*
                      RockyB 20*
                      MusoMeanderings 0
                      koba 60*
                      Chrismart 30*
                      Ganondorf 40*
                      Eddy Current 0*
                      The plunger man 50*
                      MulaKO 20*
                      Baltimore 60*
                      Idunnoshet 40*
                      ruedboy 20*
                      b morph 60*
                      Koolkc107 40*
                      ShoulderRoll 40*
                      j0zef 50*
                      mathed 20*
                      Oluminati 40*
                      MindGame 30*
                      otrocubiche 20*

MusoMeaderings will not be added to leaderboard until making a scoring pick.
                      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 05-02-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X