Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adesanya-Gastelum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hell of a fight, wonder how many ESPN+ people actually saw it.

Comment

Great fight, great effort from both fighters.

Adesanya came up with a big last round when it was needed.

Comment

Adesanya is a sniper with that straight right hand. It’s never telegraphed and it’s sneaky. Really sharp shot

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          LOL, Wrestling is far more anaearobic than boxing. it's a different sport. Boxers break fast in Wrestling. tons of guys come to MMA gyms thinking their boxing experience will transition. They don't last a full class.

It's like a house cat thinking it can enter a lion's den. Don't work son.
          Irrelevant. Boxers train for boxing and their cardio is great at world level.

MMA fighters train for an MMA fight and some of them have great gas tanks and others are just terrible. The talent pool is so slim in MMA that you can get away with being half-assed in your training, whereas in boxing there are a thousand other guys right behind you waiting to take your place so there is less room for being lazy in training.

I saw Gastelum on the athletic track training for this fight and he shows his laziness. Trying to break times/records and he stops BEFORE the finish line which is what lazy people do. You sprint to the end, not start pulling the brakes before you even get to the end.

Izzy vs Gastelum was entertaining the same way Artem vs Knight in bareknuckle was entertaining - a wild brawl but not much technical skill. Dustin Poirier vs Holloway was infinitely better as a fight because you knew you were watching two very high level guys go at it.

Gastelum would get slaughtered by Whittaker, I want that fight to hapen just to see how bad Gastelum is. He is vastly, VASTLY inferior to Whittaker in every aspect. His cardio is shyt, people know it is shyt, and he hasn't done much to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Man View Post

MMA fighters train for an MMA fight and some of them have great gas tanks and others are just terrible. The talent pool is so slim in MMA that you can get away with being half-assed in your training, whereas in boxing there are a thousand other guys right behind you waiting to take your place so there is less room for being lazy in training.

I saw Gastelum on the athletic track training for this fight and he shows his laziness. Trying to break times/records and he stops BEFORE the finish line which is what lazy people do. You sprint to the end, not start pulling the brakes before you even get to the end.

Izzy vs Gastelum was entertaining the same way Artem vs Knight in bareknuckle was entertaining - a wild brawl but not much technical skill. Dustin Poirier vs Holloway was infinitely better as a fight because you knew you were watching two very high level guys go at it.

Gastelum would get slaughtered by Whittaker, I want that fight to hapen just to see how bad Gastelum is. He is vastly, VASTLY inferior to Whittaker in every aspect. His cardio is shyt, people know it is shyt, and he hasn't done much to fix it.
            I can agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Man View Post

the start of your post reeks like dog shytt, but it gets way better.

Gastelum is a notorious under performer. But he's still an impressive physical specimen, and pushes forward (rather than pulls back) in the fight as it gets tougher.

If you think Boxing/Boxers are more impressive you clearly haven't been to a gym in the past 20 years.

it's like comparing thumb wrestling to fighting. Boxing and Jiujitsu are fun. But they attract a different type of person. They're softer. There's nothing wrong with that. But it cannot be denied.

Comment

Working...
              X