No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Gennady Golovkin @ 168.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    Froch arguably lost to Kessler in the rematch.
    Kessler had the cleaner shots, and he made Froch miss all night.
    I had it a clear UD for Froch, he completely dominated Kessler behind his jab, hurt him in the 2nd, 4th, 8th, 11th, and 12th rounds. Kessler hurt him once in the 11th before he himself got hurt. He won 4 rounds max.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
      Froch arguably lost to Kessler in the rematch.
      Kessler had the cleaner shots, and he made Froch miss all night.
      Lmao

Yeah ok dude

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        "Abraham, Johnson, Kessler"................big deal!

You people act like these are great talents. Their ordinary fighters.
        Which one these men are HoF or ATG's?

Just because a current day fighter is in a top ten rating doesn't make them highly regarded talents.

"Bute had ggg take a standing count, that count allowed ggg to recover and get a KO himself."................huh?

So who got the Ko? hahaha you give credit for "almost" getting a win?

Bottom line is Jacobs and Canelo are consider the best Middleweights in BACK of GGG.
        In my opinion GGG won both fights your welcomed to your opinions.

Froch is not in Golovkin's league, another fellow hiding in the "junior weight classes".

""he went the distance with a career JMW and a chinny MW"

career JMW who has been weighing over 170 for fights for years now! A "chinny" man who has been stopped ONCE
        in 35 bouts.

"Jacobs stayed in front of ggg as well" ..........
        yeah for all of 20% of the duration.

They both did well when they confronted GGG BUT they didn't stay there long enough to win.
        You guys pick out segments of a round instead of evaluating the full three minutes of 12 rounds.

Froch has to make garbage statements every month or he would have been completely forgotten by now.

Ray
        Abraham, johnson, kessler....

Ok so where are GGG's wins that make that look like a bad list?

Oh yeah there are none.

You got two guys with IF you are being kind to golovkin, similar resumes, one who is a career 160lbr one who was a career 168'lbr and people get so worked up when people think the bigger man might just beat this little dude.

Calm down before you have a seizure ray

Comment

I thought the GGG madness would have stopped after he never got close to stopping Jacobs and Canelo in very close fights. But no it continues.

Froch could beat Golovkin either on the back foot or the front foot. He's bigger, stronger and has faster hands than Golovkin. He does have a good chin, so I don't think Froch would stop him. But I do think Froch would take a pretty wide decision.

P.S This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here (and that's saying something) some of the comments are flat out crazy in their extreme bull****. Too many to post to all. But hey, that's what you get with a forum full of loony's.

Comment

Size has nothing to do with talents and skill levels. Size is always the key with fans who only know how to read a record for wins & looses. They can't actually evaluate a fighter regardless WHO he fights.

What punch does Froch deliver thats better than Golovkin?
            How about movement, maybe consider body work?
            Experience is always a contributor, how is Froch amateur back ground compared to GGG?
            How about the gym work? Did Froch have better sparring in Britain over Calif. USA?

Bigger man?
            The guy is 1 1/2" taller and might have 2-3" of reach. His jab stinks so there's no reach advantage when you "row the jab" back.

ok I'm done I like GGG because he comes to fight so does Froch but I like the more skilled guy and I don't like the "junior" & "super" weight classes when fighters compete for championships. To many weight classes for titles.

Ray
            Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-01-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Carl Froch via late round stoppage. In his own words too big, and too powerful for Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
              X