• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these 3 fighters: Frazier, Norton, Liston

How would you rank these fighters, from top to bottom? My point of view:

1: Norton
    2: Frazier
    3: Liston

Some people might disagree with me putting Liston as number 3, but I'm thinking about their showings against Ali, that did say something about their differences in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post

In what world is Norton ranked above Joe Frazier?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        In what world is Norton ranked above Joe Frazier?
        How is he not ranked above him? Norton arguably beat Ali 3 times.

Comment

How is he not ranked above him? Norton arguably beat Ali 3 times.
          ...... Ok?

Frazier was heavyweight champion for 5 years, beat every #1 competitor available from '68-73' + beat undefeated Ali, Quarry twice, ellis twice, Foster, Bonavena twice, Machen, Mathis, Chuvalo + fought Ali 3 times also in close fights but won the biggest fight ever and fought Foreman twice.

There's absolutely no doubt Frazier should solidly rank above Norton. His resume is in another stratosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            ...... Ok?

Frazier was heavyweight champion for 5 years, beat every #1 competitor available from '68-73' + beat undefeated Ali, Quarry twice, ellis twice, Foster, Bonavena twice, Machen, Mathis, Chuvalo + fought Ali 3 times also in close fights but won the biggest fight ever and fought Foreman twice.

There's absolutely no doubt Frazier should solidly rank above Norton. His resume is in another stratosphere.
            Norton defeated Bobick and Quarry, so his resume is more than just beating Ali. I consider Frazier and Norton around the same level, just a slight edge to Norton, but it's very subjective. I respect them both.

Comment

LISTON #1,............all other heavyweights#2.........He threw both fights with Ali. Liston was the best heavyweight ever.

Comment

1) Liston
                @)Frazier
                3)Norton

Liston would beat both IMO and would deal with modern heavies better.

Norton and Frazier have wins over Ali...a past prime one, not the freak of nature and reflexes that Liston had to deal with

liston and frazier are interchangeable but head to head i think liston gets by a lot of guys frazier couldnt

Also without the Ali win, their resume is very similar

Comment

Liston was the best out of the 3.

Norton the least accomplished but he gave Ali the most problems.

Frazier is in between. Not as good as Liston but gave Ali fits like Norton did.

Comment

Frazier
                    Liston
                    Norton

pretty simple

Comment

Working...
                    X