Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaeffer is Screwed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al haymon isnt going to be involved in promoting,, he is basically a sports agent for boxers, much like how NFL, NBA guys have agents... Haymon's sole purpose is to get the best deal for his guys, and he does an outstanding job at it.... He has used his relationship with floyd to recruit an army of boxers, but he isnt going to start a promotion company..

GBP was the only outfit big enough besides top rank to handle floyd's fights, and haymon used that leverage to get his guys like thurman, porter, quillen showcased on GBP cards...

In regards to tricky dick schafer,, The dude is a swiss banker, he will be fine,, He may be done in the boxing business or he may stay around, but either way, the guy is gonna be ok..

Comment

let's give thanks to uncle bob and odlh for saving the sport of boxing.

while schaeffer can go back to switzerland and work as a bank teller.

Comment

There's a greater chance of GB getting screwed over. Schafer is, at the end of a day, an employee, who has marketable skills. I doubt he'll have any problem living off of the money he has earned up until now, or finding alternative work, should he decide to leave GBP.

I would, however, say that GBP is at risk. The moment Arum took the words De La Hoya said, in confidence, public, was the moment it became clear to me that Arum doesn't have good intention. Business wise, they went from having their nearest rival on the back foot, to offering being plagued with internal issues whilst extending their rival a helping hand.

De La Hoya is naive.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          There's a greater chance of GB getting screwed over. Schafer is, at the end of a day, an employee, who has marketable skills. I doubt he'll have any problem living off of the money he has earned up until now, or finding alternative work, should he decide to leave GBP.

I would, however, say that GBP is at risk. The moment Arum took the words De La Hoya said, in confidence, public, was the moment it became clear to me that Arum doesn't have good intention. Business wise, they went from having their nearest rival on the back foot, to offering being plagued with internal issues whilst extending their rival a helping hand.

De La Hoya is naive.
          naive and jealous..he is upset floyd has surpassed him in earnings..floyd in 7 years made more money than oscar made in his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
            Either he sucks it up with GB and is forced to kiss Arum's ass in a professional way. Or, he joins Floyd becomes third man to Ellerbe and Haymon plus a lowball salary from Floyd.

I see Oscar winking " checkmate!"

Couldn't disagree with you more, If Oscar was the chess playing business minded person you make him out to be he wouldn't have waited untill this point to do something, I don't think Oscar holds any power I look at the situation and I see Oscar as the loser in this.

If you think Oscar has the business sense to beat a Swiss Banker(Shaeffer) , A Harvard alumni ( Haymon) and a lawyer ( Espinoza) Then you give him more credit then me.

It'll be Check mate Oscar, Go run back to your original father Arum.

Comment

What a scumbag richard is.

Comment

Happy days are already over for Haymon and Schaefer long time ago. Their Berto-type deals they've pulled off at HBO can no longer be made because Showtime don't have deep pockets.

They thought, in collusion with amateur Espinoza, they're going to make truckloads of money off of Mayweather's PPVs. LOL. How can you make money with a greedy guy whose guarantee would impoverish any network? It's so stupid.

GBP/TR will be the future in boxing for many generations to come. Oscar and Todd will be just fine. This is great for fans.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

De La Hoya is naive.

it's you who is naive...there's a lot of guys in the business world who are better skilled than schaefer. oscar can fire schaefer and hire another one if he wants to. gbp's success doesn't end with schaefer.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                    Either he sucks it up with GB and is forced to kiss Arum's ass in a professional way. Or, he joins Floyd becomes third man to Ellerbe and Haymon plus a lowball salary from Floyd.

I see Oscar winking " checkmate!"
                    you are a jealous dumbass. Schaefer,mayweather,ellerbe,and hayman together is a powerful ticket. Arum will be the one thats kissing ass you weak punk

Comment

Floyd doesn't have a promotional company. Pe need to drop that.

Comment

Working...
                      X