American sniper killed at gun range

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] American sniper killed at gun range

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/03/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A former Navy SEAL known for claiming a record number of sniper killings in Iraq was one of two men shot dead at a Texas gun range, allegedly at the hands of a fellow military veteran, officials say.
    Chris Kyle, the author of the best-selling "American Sniper," and Chad Littlefield, also a veteran, were gunned down Saturday afternoon on the grounds of the expansive Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Glen Rose, Texas, southwest of Fort Worth, law enforcement officials said.
    About four hours afterward, and 90 miles from where those two men's bodies were found by a hunting guide, authorities arrested suspect Eddie Ray Routh, 25, on a capital murder warrant.

Read about this on another website. Pretty damn crazy.

Comment

damn....dude went wack job didnt he?

Comment

Looks like someone hates campers.

Comment

If only he had had a gun to protect himself.

Oh....wait.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            If only he had had a gun to protect himself.

Oh....wait.
            Hahah, I knew this was coming. I wonder what the details will be, obviously dude was crazy or something happened we didn't know about.

I also this video of a mother killing her son at some gun range.

Comment

wow thats stange. RIP to the two men

Comment

If a former Navy SEAL can get killed at a gun range, then just about anybody can get it when a nutcase loses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  If a former Navy SEAL can get killed at a gun range, then just about anybody can get it when a nutcase loses it.
                  I highly doubt that the suspect in this case is a "nutcase".

To me, and this is just an assumption on my part, this sounds personal. Perhaps the suspect was jealous of the victim's body count or status as an elite sniper? Or maybe the suspect was an enemy sympathizer who felt the need to avenge the deaths of the sniper's victims?

Purely speculation, but given the details thus far the suspect doesn't exactly strike me as your average whackjob.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I highly doubt that the suspect in this case is a "nutcase".

To me, and this is just an assumption on my part, this sounds personal. Perhaps the suspect was jealous of the victim's body count or status as an elite sniper? Or maybe the suspect was an enemy sympathizer who felt the need to avenge the deaths of the sniper's victims?

Purely speculation, but given the details thus far the suspect doesn't exactly strike me as your average whackjob.
                    He was supposed to have suffered from PTSD, so I don't think he was some sympathizer. He was going to the range as some sort of therapy which I find ironic.

Comment

Working...
                    X