Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. on The Problems With Julio, Martinez Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason Jr had a chance is because of his size advantage. Other than that he is garbage

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      Slick boxers get KO'ed,,,just ask Roger Mayweather about the one he got KO'd in and the one he quit on his stool in with Chavez Sr.

C. JR won't outbox him, we all knew this in the first fight.

Jr made the mistakes

IF he learns and sticks with the best trainer in the world for him and that is ROACH then by the time the rematch comes:

C. JR KO's Martinez just like his dad said , early.
      STFU please and never ever post again here.

Comment

I must have saw a completely different fight.. the one i saw was Martinez busting Jr up the whole fight..standing and trading several times, making Julio stop coming forward at times as well... I think the 12th round have people fooled. If Chavez starts earlier he gets hurt earlier. Martinez is really crafty with solid countershots... Chavez has to worry about trying to box more and make the weight

Comment

oh no Martinez got wobbled, it happens, he dominated for 11 rounds of the fight. Chavez was unable to capitalze on a hurt martinez. For noobs that dont understand, that means martinez is the better fighter. When you cant talk about one guy's achievements in the fight without using words like "could have" and "almost" thats a hint that he got his ass kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
            Its Chavez fight to lose not Martinez's Martinez ran around like a chicken for 10 rounds,and the second Julio mounted a significant attck gaytinez was dying in there, a near knockout loss proves that the guy most likley to get stopped within the distance is martinez not chavez ,Martinez couldnt even wobble Jr,at 37 yrs old in a rematch Id rather be chavez than Martinez,just look at all the serious injuries martinez sustained,staples ,stitches broken bones and ligaments , If chavez trains like he did for Lee martinez doesnt make it the distance, besides after coming one punch away from a Knockout win do all the idiots think for one second Chavez jr isnt more confident ,sure of himself and fearless of a sissy like Gaytinez????? I certainly would be ,fighters that run always wind up getting stopped.The martinez brand has totally lost its aura of invincibility he can be hurt and broken and it doesnt take a whole lot either Chavez jr proved that.
            Blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Not interested in a rematch. Ive never hated against jr but i sure as hell didnt like his amatuer approach to his preperation. He has roach and Sr in his corner and refuses to benefit from their experience. Shouldn't be rewarded with another career payday.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                Not interested in a rematch. Ive never hated against jr but i sure as hell didnt like his amatuer approach to his preperation. He has roach and Sr in his corner and refuses to benefit from their experience. Shouldn't be rewarded with another career payday.
                so jr should be condemed and not be given a chance at redemption? and what world do you live in? chavez doesnt deserve another career payday?its martinez that made a career high payday not chavez, this was martinez 1st ppv appearance at the old ass age of 37. chavez jr entire career has been on ppv! what other fighter can even say that? none!really all the gaytinez fans know if they rematch gaytinez gets stopped sooner or later. glass jawed runner..

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
                  BOXINGFAN 76 said it perfect !!!!!! Why the hell should he fight him again when he almost knocked him out in one round when the idiot ballet dancer Martinez finally decided to stop acting like a chicken on the run. If I wanna watch ballet I do ...In boxing a wanna see a fight.. Retire Martinez or start ballet dancing !!!!
                  I agree. Add to that that Chávez did not train properly, smoked pot, probably drank alcohol, and still slmost Koed Martínez. Chávez received a barrage of punches without dodging them and kept coming.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                    I must have saw a completely different fight.. the one i saw was Martinez busting Jr up the whole fight..standing and trading several times, making Julio stop coming forward at times as well... I think the 12th round have people fooled.
                    He did, but Chavez didn't throw, he was so slow too. If Chavez can throw more earlier he has a better chance of hurting Martinez earlier.

Truthfully though, there is no need for a rematch. The fight was boring and one-sided apart from one round.

If Chavez starts earlier he gets hurt earlier. Martinez is really crafty with solid countershots... Chavez has to worry about trying to box more and make the weight
                    Chavez wasn't hurt at all.

Comment

Sad that Sr. has a lazy spoiled son, even with all of Sr. problems in his past he still trained hard and handled bizness in the ring... Jr, is lazy fat unmotivated kid....

Comment

Working...
                      X