Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac is so fond of sanctioning rules why ignore them and fight for 147 belt at 145?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    Cotto didn't have to accept that limit..he could have walked away

considering that PAC had just fought Hatton at 140, the real dick move would have been for PAC to make Cotto chase that payday at jr WW

now let me ask you, why is Amir Khan so scared of Carlos Maidana?
    who is Carlos?

Comment

140.1-147 is WW. Cotto agreed to 145. Period.

**** thread.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        Why did Mike Tyson asked Evander to take a steroid test before he fought?

Why did Evander agree?

Stop ducking question!!!

Answer the question!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Pacquiao keeps on saying he doesn't agree to Floyds demand for random blood testing because he only respects the sanctioning bodies and state athletic comission rules.

If Pacquiao is so fond of the sanctioning bodies rules why ignore the rules and fight Cotto for the 147 belt at a 145 limit then?
          You are confusing yourself. 145 is within the WW weight level of 140-147 and therefore very legal, to put it succinctly. The "catch" in the "Catchweight" is an agreement by both sides of the fighters due to the mismatches of size, height, reach from a "smaller" fighter going up the ladder.

Blood testing has never been a norm nor has it ever been a precedent and the fact that it was called by Mayweather in such a suspicious timing so as to "clean the sport of boxing" is an indirect jab towards Pacquiao's clean record.

Floyd Sr. was known to have spewed some serious allegations and Jr. relented and wanting to know. The main culprit is the Mayweather's PR and "bed-side mannerism" in going about this that it came out really as an arrogant demand in their side.

Comment

I believe it was because he only had one fight before at 147 and it was against a weight drained oscar, cotto is a strong powerful WW, and i assume they wanted a little edge. I think it was stupid, cause i personally believe the fight would have went down the exact same way if it was at 147. I mean he weighed in at 146 for clottey, i realize a pound or two can make a difference, but i don't think cotto look drained at all. just my opinion though.

Comment

AFAIK, there's no rule that you must weigh exactly 147 for a welterweight fight, 147 is just the LIMIT.

So given it was at 145, as far I'm concerned it was a completely legimate welterweight fight and not ignoring any rules really.

Two guys can both weigh in at 145 without the contract dictating it.

The contract to dictate it is just that, to make sure. But it's no different, still a WW fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                who is Carlos?

Marcos Maidana.....

Comment

ignore this dude. he thinks he'll get more people to pay attention to his khan cause if he starts sht with other big fan bases.

you guys are falling for it. theres no rivalry. when it comes to manny, khan is irrelevant. when it comes to the top fighters at 140, khan is irrelevant (cuz he will never fight them)

khan's career = smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    Marcos Maidana.....
                    Amir wants to fight him but Freddie not. I guess Pacquiao's loss against Morales made a chicken of Freddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                      ignore this dude. he thinks he'll get more people to pay attention to his khan cause if he starts sht with other big fan bases.

you guys are falling for it. theres no rivalry. when it comes to manny, khan is irrelevant. when it comes to the top fighters at 140, khan is irrelevant (cuz he will never fight them)

khan's career = smoke and mirrors.
                      nobody is talking about Amir...

Comment

Working...
                      X