No announcement yet.

The Truth on Roy Jones VS James Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    I didn't find the fight boring. I thought Roy's skills and speed in that fight were incredible. I agree that Toney was somewhat weight affected but not to the extent that the article makes out. Prime Roy beats prime Toney, he was just way to fast and skillful for him.
    Perhaps Roy beats Toney on any day.

But with that said, there is good reason to believe that Toney would've been more competitive had he not been weight drained.

It wouldn't be as one-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      I agree, fighters always have excuses when they lose, but not when they win.
      Floyd Mayweather has complained about his hand injuries even in one-sided wins. The Judah fight, he kicked Judah's ass but in the post fight interview he says he injured his right hand in the later rounds when he hit Judah on the head but kept using it and fought through the pain. He also said he injured his right hand in the one-sided Baldomir fight. Castillo, Hernandez, etc.

It is good to complain about an injury when you win because then when you lose due to the injury no one will say you're bull****ting if you use it as an excuse. It's hard to lose your money punch, and win.

Toney should have let this be known before, obviously everyone knew he was ballooning between fights before he even fought Roy. So it looked like bull**** when he used the weight drain excuse when he lost, cause he never used the excuse before.

Comment

Originally posted by drh View Post
        Rockin',

It would be great if you could shed any further light on the situation.
        I'm sure everyone would be interested and appreciative.

drh.
        Honestly I would love to. But word got to me at the gym that James was rather upset with me blabbing about him. As a matter of fact I was told that he was going to shoot me the next time he sees me. Fat boy fronts me, who knows, I guess it would depend upon my mood.. Fat boy fronts me with gun and I'm outta there. I have never once said though that he couldnt fight. As a matter of fact I praise his skills as the best that I have seen with my own eyes. But e doesnt like his personal stuff talked about. But believe me, you guys got half the story. Sorry man.............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Its not Joe Calzaghes fault that Roy Jones ducked him from 2000-2008. Roy fought zags when he did and lost.
          jones ducked calzaghe?? lmfao calzaghe ducked all the great american fighters and stayed in the Uk fighting bums. ****in ******ed casual lmao

Comment

So, James Toney was a fat slob. Shocking development there

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Joe View Post
              The Toney that fought Iran Barkley would come very close to beating Jones unlike weight drained version.
              Yet the Barkley Toney beat dropped down from light heavy to lose to Toney. Barkley moved to crusier-heavyweight after that.

Roy Jones wanted Toney when Toney was middleweight king but Toney moved up rather than fight him.

Comment

a boring fight between 2 grossly overrated fighters

Comment

Toney one his best night isn't good enough to beat a prime Roy.. Roy was just better and a higher caliber fighter than Toney or Hopkins,, Roy was a true ATG

Comment

Working...
                  X