Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Golovkin Was Exposed, You Know What I'd Do To Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised by so many people's analyses of that fight indicating that GGG got exposed. I didn't see that as the case. Anyway, FM is retired. It's impressive that he can still make headlines and people (myself included) hop on the article as if he is still active. Unless he's going to fight GGG, he can shut it. He has done great work in his boxing career and doesn't have anything to prove as far as I'm concerned. But talking about what you would have done to a boxer is that chatter that I'm not trying to hear...

Comment

There's a reason why Floyd never fought Kell Brook himself. He knows Brook would have beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
        Yeah, I'm wondering if these are the same interviews, split into several articles. He may just be trying to put one of his fighters in the mix. That would be a great win on his resume for Badou Jack, if he could pull it off.
        I think it is one interview. Boxing Scene will have you clicking on 10 different articles for a 2 minute interview. It took me a while to figure this out...
        Last edited by Edward90; 10-10-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Seems like Floyd went all out hating on GGG straight after his old man said Golovkin would whoop him.

Comment

I never understand why people say GGG was esposed. Kell Brook is a top notch fighter. Just a lower weight class. He beat Shawn Porter comfortably who is also a top notch welter. Brook was expected to be naturally smaller yet faster and more technical. I see nobody talking smack when Amir Khan was outboxing Canelo all the way up until that 1 punch ended it all. Point is, Brook is no pushover. He was just the naturally smaller fighter. Styles make fights. If GGG if fighting a boxer/puncher he will fight a more aggressive style. If he fights a puncher/boxer he will fight a more boxer style like he did with that Canadian kid (Lemieux). And like he will with Daniel Jacobs if it becomes official.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
              so true. Mayweather cant stand that someone is getting attention.

and he wants GGG to move up so he stops getting asked about him as a potential opponent. Mayweather also doesnt realize that many great middleweights stayed at 160 for their entire reign - bhop and hagler for ex
              But BHop didn't stay there forever. He moved up and sought challenges (although he fought a lot of bums before mkving up). Hagler is a good example. He had the benefit of huge names moving up to fight him, so it makes sense that he didn't mkve up. GGG doesn't. There are no Hearnses, Durans, or Leonards (besides Mayweather) for him. Even after Canelo, I would like to see GGG move up. There would be no one else.

Comment

Hey dumbazs coward shlt sight the contract and git yore little brain scrambled

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                  I never understand why people say GGG was esposed. Kell Brook is a top notch fighter. Just a lower weight class. He beat Shawn Porter comfortably who is also a top notch welter. Brook was expected to be naturally smaller yet faster and more technical. I see nobody talking smack when Amir Khan was outboxing Canelo all the way up until that 1 punch ended it all. Point is, Brook is no pushover. He was just the naturally smaller fighter. Styles make fights. If GGG if fighting a boxer/puncher he will fight a more aggressive style. If he fights a puncher/boxer he will fight a more boxer style like he did with that Canadian kid (Lemieux). And like he will with Daniel Jacobs if it becomes official.
                  You have a selecting memory. Beating Porter was all Brook EVER did and he chose to fight two cans after getting his belt. We still don't know exactly where Brook is at because he's fought 2 fighters worth mentioning, had his hands full with one and was slaughtered by the other. He's 1-1 in good fights.

Also, Khan was NOT outboxing Canelo "all the way up to"... I know that's the impression it left but watch it again. He started out winning first 3 rounds, as many of us predicted he would, then faded due to the body work and Canelo took the 3 rounds leading into the KO. You can't just take a small fact and stretch the hell out of it.

Regarding the topic, damn, Floyd still knows how to get attention! Brilliant. I don't know if he's just promoting his company or trying to keep himself relevant for a possible return, but when he talks, people listen.

Comment

GGG would be outboxed for a few good rounds, he would miss a lot of punches too. But he would put more pressure than anyone else has ever put on Floyd. In spite of all of Floyd's much better boxing ability, considering GUY's size and power advantage, it's hard to imagine a scenario where Floyd clearly beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      As a ggg fan, this hurts me because is true.
                      As a Mayweather fan, it hurts me to say that GGG would walk through Floyds punches and possibly hurt Floyd bad... it would not go the distance!

Stay retired and play it safe like youve always done Champ!

Comment

Working...
                      X