Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why can McGregor/Rousey/Maziel be ****y but not Floyd/Broner/Cam Newton....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd - made more money in boxing than anyone else, ever.

Don't you realize? Being arrogant, co cky annoying AND being good sells. Having haters = being successful. Ali didn't become the greatest by being a nice guy.

McGregor, he's just following the formula. No one gave two fu cks about him before he changed his persona:

Now he's following the Floyd/Ali/et al formula of being an annoying co cky fighter AND winning? Now he's a star. Look at him? He's clearly trying to be a white/hipster neck beard version of Floyd:

And just like Floyd, some fans eat this sh it up, they absolutely love it and lose their minds. Other fans absolutely hate it they can't stand it and lose their minds. Either way it works just the same.

It's not about race, well some stuff will always be race related you can't remove that entirely, but the formula here is the same whether black, white or female. Loud mouths that shout the loudest are heard the most.

Lol @ using Manziel as an example. Everyone hates the guy and he probably won't be in the NFL much longer. It's not just that he's an idiot, people hate him because he was born rich, he was born into a rich family and people believe he's taking everything for granted. This is more of a class issue than just being an arrogant *******.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2016, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      I don't know who Manziel is, but McGregor has pissed off alot of people/fans in MMA and Ireland. More so initially, but there were a ton of people who would watch his fights to see him lose because off how arrogant he is, but then he shockingly destroys his opponents and he's turning many of his haters into fans because of that.

You want to talk trash, back it up by destroying your opponents. Floyd jabbing guys without taking them out bored most people. Can't tell how many times I've heard casual fans at the end a of Floyd fight say they wasted their time & money. The masses want blood.
      I think that's it. If you're going to trash talk, at least follow up on it in the ring. Floyd trash talking and then putting up these boring fights and Broner bragging before he even accomplished anything worth a darn is what turns people off. McGregor actually follows up on his trash talk by not only putting away his opponents but also being entertaining in the way he fights. Now he just beat a dominating champion in his prime and that's an accomplishment everybody has got to respect, including the haters. He's done something both Mayweather and Broner has failed to do.

I'm not a fan of trash talkers myself but I gotta give them credit if they're willing to back it up in the ring and that's why I favor Conor over Floyd and Broner.
      Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 01-26-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
        I think that's it. If you're going to trash talk, at least follow up on it in the ring. Floyd trash talking and then putting up these boring fights and Broner bragging before he even accomplished anything worth a darn is what turns people off. McGregor actually follows up on his trash talk by not only putting away his opponents but also being entertaining in the way he fights. Now he just beat a dominating champion in his prime and that's an accomplishment everybody has got to respect, including the haters. He's done something both Mayweather and Broner has failed to do.

I'm not a fan of trash talkers myself but I gotta give them credit if they're willing to back it up in the ring and that's why I favor Conor over Floyd and Broner.
        Yeah his style is certainly more fan friendly but that never stopped people from watching Floyd. It's like everyone had amnesia after every fight they say they'll never watch him again and then 6 months later there they are watching him fight. So while Mayweather might not have had a style that KOd his opponents, he obviously accomplished it over a very, very long stretch of time against better overall opponents and generally dominated his opponents (dominating by points mostly, of course). When push comes to shove, everyone admits inside Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time, they may not like his fights but he has everyone's respect as being one of the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Yeah his style is certainly more fan friendly but that never stopped people from watching Floyd. It's like everyone had amnesia after every fight they say they'll never watch him again and then 6 months later there they are watching him fight. So while Mayweather might not have had a style that KOd his opponents, he obviously accomplished it over a very, very long stretch of time against better overall opponents and generally dominated his opponents (dominating by points mostly, of course). When push comes to shove, everyone admits inside Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time, they may not like his fights but he has everyone's respect as being one of the greatest.
          Many people watch his fights mainly to see if he'll lose and that whoever he's fighting just might be the one to make that happen. Other than that, I don't think people give Floyd the same amount of respect as others like Leonard or Ali and that's because he's never had a truly memorable fight in his career. In addition to that, with so many strange things surrounding almost every fight he's in (especially with the recent IV situation), he basically gives people reasons to doubt how he great he's suppose to be. That pretty much puts his career into question.

It may sound silly when I say this but McGregor's win over Aldo already seems like a bigger accomplishment than anything Floyd has done since...I don't know when, to be honest. Upsetting a reigning champion like that without any kind of legit questions surrounding it? That's really impressive and, dare I say it, almost WORTH bragging about.
          Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 01-26-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

The only people who like rousey are feminists and liberal left wingers, most people cant stand her and enjoyed seeing her arrogant ass humbled.

Mcgregor fans are all irish, he also plays the bad guy lots of people wanted to see him lose against aldo.

Manziel? That dude is troubled and i only remember him having fans when he was johnny football, only fans he has are browns fans and some rappers like drake and lil wayne

I like cam newton, never seen him get massive hate at all, only some old folks mad that he dances, but that guy doesnt have haters like you claim

I like broner, just dont like him doing deugs and sex tapes

The only one who bugs me is floyd i and millions of people find him annoying, maybe because he openly admits to being a rich scared coward and joked about cherry pickiung and robbing fans money.

If you want to see real haters look at the racist blacks hating on pacquiao and other non blacks who dont talk ****, now those are true haters plus they get mad when you call them on their racism, its like you are not allowed to point out their race bias hypocrisy if you do you are the racist lol.

This dude mad at a white guy for questioning floyd, its funny the white guy they are mad at and slandering doesnt even sound racist he just questioned their bias and they got mad so they threaten to kill him over floyd who they said is a black King, he even said he beats whites and blacks are superior and he would kill his baby if it were right yet says in the video how can we be racist.
            Last edited by hectari; 01-26-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Bruh.... When Johnny Football got busted for making money signing sports memorabilia while in college the whole conversation changed to "should college football players be paid". His case sparked those Northwestern players to form a union. When Cam family for busted what happened?
              That was back then when everyone loved Johnny Football. Now, he's not even Johnny Football anymore, he's Johnny "please don't join our team, he's drunk again, he can't QB for shit, he sucks, wasted potential" Manziel.

Cam, I don't know much about his college days, but right now he's the guy that gives footballs to kids, the guy that gave a football to a kid who lost his father, and that does dances that only his rival team's fans hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                i am always on the mma forums (screen name on sherdog poppedjacks) and i have to say you are sniffing paint if you think McGregor or rousey have a large amount of haters. their haters are far few on those forums. most people are saying how much of a god McGregor is.............

that can not, i repeat not be compared with mayweather or broner for that matter. 70% of people hate mayweathers guts on this forum and 90% hate broners guts lol

i just had to let this be known being a long time user of sherdog.

by the way, rousey being made fun of after her knock out is like a tradition for everyone on that forum. it's called shooping. shoop that (insert fighters name)

what the hell dude.
                I know sherdog forums quite well, having my first account in 2007, and having my current account with 3310 posts right now. I dont need info about shooping threads since I have had many laughs on them as well. And I dont know where you paint sniffing accusations come from, but I guess I could say the same for you if you claim that there isnt lots of hate for Rousey and McGregor. Maybe its not as much for Broner and Mayweather, but there still is plenty.

I have seen plenty of threads (many of them removed or moved to wasteland though) and countless of posts dissing them and hating on them. Im not a big fan of either myself, but I have seen the hate being there often enough. And I have browsed sherdog for years and spend quite a bit of time there too, bit too much perhaps.

That being said, they do have lots of fans as well, being as dominant as they have been and entertaining fighters with bunch of finishes.

But if you dont share the same opinion, then fine. Not my problem

Comment

Working...
                X