No announcement yet.

Chris eubank jr vs canelo alvarez at 160 who ya got

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris eubank jr vs canelo alvarez at 160 who ya got

I for one would love to see this fight. Fuk me what a battle it could be nelo resting on the ropes trying to avoid 33 uppercut combos. I can't honestly pick a winner so many different outcomes in my mind.

I like Eubank but his development not only stagnated, it's gone backwards. He's now so exposed as he loads up on punches over and over. Canelo would methodically break him down, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I like Eubank but his development not only stagnated, it's gone backwards. He's now so exposed as he loads up on punches over and over. Canelo would methodically break him down, no doubt.
      I agree partially but his recent performance granted, against unproven yildirim he showed good signs and I think the more he works with mayweather sr the better. I think nelo would struggle with the pace/workrate of eubank jr. Liam Smith was outworking him at times ffs lol eubank could put it on him in the late rounds unlike alot of fighters. His stamina is elite

Comment

Eubank would win because canelo is a cement footed 154 lb bum who golovkin would ko

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
          I agree partially but his recent performance granted, against unproven yildirim he showed good signs and I think the more he works with mayweather sr the better. I think nelo would struggle with the pace/workrate of eubank jr. Liam Smith was outworking him at times ffs lol eubank could put it on him in the late rounds unlike alot of fighters. His stamina is elite
          Liam Smith was allowed to do everything he did. He wasn’t competitive. At all.

While I like Eubank he looka good vs lesser comp as does everyone. Canelo would likely stop him. Eubank is too crude. If Canelo could counter GGG whos 10x the offensive force and fighter Eubank is and a significantly bigger puncher I’m sure Canelo would lose no sleep over that fight.

Eubank needs to be in fantasy threads like Eubank vs BJS 2...Eubank vs Lemieux.

At 160 it goes Canelo/GGG/Jacobs in whichever order you prefer THEN a bit away from them is BJS THEN you gotta reach pretty hard for anyone else to have the case. We already know Eubanks’ ceiling is the weaklink in the div. lets not get crazy now til he shows us he can do that to elite comp of any weight division.

Right now I envision his fate as counter to death by Canelo...

Overwhelmed by GGG.

Outclasses by Jacobs.

Outboxed by BJS

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Liam Smith was allowed to do everything he did. He wasn’t competitive. At all.

While I like Eubank he looka good vs lesser comp as does everyone. Canelo would likely stop him. Eubank is too crude. If Canelo could counter GGG whos 10x the offensive force and fighter Eubank is and a significantly bigger puncher I’m sure Canelo would lose no sleep over that fight.

Eubank needs to be in fantasy threads like Eubank vs BJS 2...Eubank vs Lemieux.

At 160 it goes Canelo/GGG/Jacobs in whichever order you prefer THEN a bit away from them is BJS THEN you gotta reach pretty hard for anyone else to have the case. We already know Eubanks’ ceiling is the weaklink in the div. lets not get crazy now til he shows us he can do that to elite comp of any weight division.

Right now I envision his fate as counter to death by Canelo...

Overwhelmed by GGG.

Outclasses by Jacobs.

Outboxed by BJS
            I very much agree. I've followed Eubank since his first pro fight and he had such potential back then. Now, he dominates lesser comp but you can see a lot of flaws in the way he does it. He forces all his punches now. That is food for a guy like Canelo who observes you and preys on your weaknesses.

People call Canelo "flat footed" but it's a bit misleading to say that as the guy is usually where he needs to be. Having an economy of footwork is perfectly ok if you're still able to beat fast guys like Lara and Khan.

I love predicting ways any fight can be won, and I think I generally do pretty well in that regard, but I can't think of a way that Eubank beats Canelo, save for Canelo screwing around and getting caught. There's nothing Chris does that would be problematic or puzzling for Alvarez. Plus, Eubank has never fought at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
              Eubank would win because canelo is a cement footed 154 lb bum who golovkin would ko
              ?????????????????????????????????You know they fought already right?????????And even though GGG should have prob got dec(had him by 2)he never CAME CLOSE to KOing him smdh

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I very much agree. I've followed Eubank since his first pro fight and he had such potential back then. Now, he dominates lesser comp but you can see a lot of flaws in the way he does it. He forces all his punches now. That is food for a guy like Canelo who observes you and preys on your weaknesses.

People call Canelo "flat footed" but it's a bit misleading to say that as the guy is usually where he needs to be. Having an economy of footwork is perfectly ok if you're still able to beat fast guys like Lara and Khan.

I love predicting ways any fight can be won, and I think I generally do pretty well in that regard, but I can't think of a way that Eubank beats Canelo, save for Canelo screwing around and getting caught. There's nothing Chris does that would be problematic or puzzling for Alvarez. Plus, Eubank has never fought at that level.
                I think Eubank speed and athleticism would give him some probs.I would prob pick Canelo but can deff see ways he could win.Also there is a little size advantage also for JR.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                  Wat

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    I think Eubank speed and athleticism would give him some probs.I would prob pick Canelo but can deff see ways he could win.Also there is a little size advantage also for JR.
                    Speed? He's actually quite slow when you consider that he telegraphs and forces everything. Boxers pick up on that easily. When I watch him fight I see a million counter opportunities. I think his aggression is misinterpreted as speed. Canelo has true offensive speed because he is very efficient. He's not the fastest, but sharper than Eubank for sure.

As far as athleticism, it's a toss-up, IMO. Neither has brilliant stamina. Eubank's stiffness offsets any athleticism he has. He's not flowing like a a truly athletic fighter would be.

Comment

Working...
                    X