No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Klitschko II - Frontrunner is Las Vegas, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Like I said in the previous thread.. I'll repeat it again so that you can understand this time.. Wlad said if he fights again it will be Joshua and that is what he hasn't made up his mind yet.. At 41 with 10-12 weeks of training the dude who has achieved so much in boxing would think if he has the zeal to go at it again...
    Hearn said a few weeks after the fight AJ will not fight until Oct-Nov didn't have anything to do with Wlad accepting the rematch.. Wishful thinking from you sloth..

Lead was fighting 3-4 times a year in his mid 20s but cool story bruv...

Just so that you know I like AJ but you nuthuggers are in another level..
    And this is AJ’s first time fighting twice a year but you’re acting like he’s been doing throughout his career in his mid 20s. According to you AJ is fighting twice a year because of the ass whoop he took.. but you don’t hold Vlad to the same standard when he fought twice a year lol and you said I’d spin the story lol

Comment

It's HEAVYweight. Anyone can make a lucky punch in heavyweights. And we are talking about 2 highly skilled and dangerous fighters.
      Wlad just asks himself if he wants to risk at 41 after he already managed to do everything aside from getting those belts last fight or just get a rest he deserved. Being scared of AJ and being cautious of obvious "triller in Manilla" at 41 is different.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
        alabama is bigger than england btw. how many times has joshua fought in england?
        Size matters?

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          And this is AJ’s first time fighting twice a year but you’re acting like he’s been doing throughout his career in his mid 20s. According to you AJ is fighting twice a year because of the ass whoop he took.. but you don’t hold Vlad to the same standard when he fought twice a year lol and you said I’d spin the story lol
          I gave you an insensible reason like you were giving me that Wlad is ducking the rematch or not confident blah blah..
          The guy is 41 ffs dude.. He has achieved HOF status already & ducked no one & took on all comers.. Gave people extra share to make fights (Haye, Ibragimov).. Could have taken an easy fight in Wilder/Parker but chose the best guy in the division because the guy who owed him a rematch went mental(literally)..
          & for you to think he will duck a rematch because he is not confident is laughable if not for anything..

Comment

Vlad should retire and let the HW division go on it's way. Another with AJ win or lose just slows down matches in the HW division that hopefully one day might be great again.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
              Size matters?
              criticizing wilder for fighting in his home state because it makes financial sense is no different than criticizing joshua for fighting in his home country because it makes financial sense. you guys gotta be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                **** Joshua looking to become a bigger name than wilder in his own country lol.

Wilder doesn't want to do anything to make the fight bigger looks like it's left to aj again. Wilder might be looking at a 70/30 split unless he starts making some moves.
                Are you saying Wilder would want a 70/30 split in his favor to face Joshua? Are you kidding? He holds no cards. He is NOT the A-side regardless of where they may fight. Joshua has fought better competition in 19 fights than Wilder in his 38 pro fights plus Joshua has more titles and beat a top 5 HW in Klitschko. Wilder would be lucky to get 50/50 and realistically, unless Wilder faces and beats someone like Parker or maybe Luis Ortiz, he would not be able to demand much of anything because he's not enough of a draw even in his own country. There's a reason he keeps fighting in Alabama. If Wilder fought in any major center for boxing against his usual competition it would be so barren that tumbleweeds would be blowing across the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                  Are you saying Wilder would want a 70/30 split in his favor to face Joshua? Are you kidding? He holds no cards. He is NOT the A-side regardless of where they may fight. Joshua has fought better competition in 19 fights than Wilder in his 38 pro fights plus Joshua has more titles and beat a top 5 HW in Klitschko. Wilder would be lucky to get 50/50 and realistically, unless Wilder faces and beats someone like Parker or maybe Luis Ortiz, he would not be able to demand much of anything because he's not enough of a draw even in his own country. There's a reason he keeps fighting in Alabama. If Wilder fought in any major center for boxing against his usual competition it would be so barren that tumbleweeds would be blowing across the canvas.
                  My friend, I am saying the exact opposite I'm saying wilder may be looking at a 70/30 split in that he will be the one getting 30%. I'm in agreement with pretty much everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                    criticizing wilder for fighting in his home state because it makes financial sense is no different than criticizing joshua for fighting in his home country because it makes financial sense. you guys gotta be consistent.
                    I think you have it twisted. Wilder fights in his home state because there isn't enough interest in his lackluster match ups to fill a big arena in Vegas, Texas, New York or California. Joshua has fought in his home COUNTRY (again, big difference) because the Brits support their fighters and he is now the biggest attraction in UK boxing and arguable boxing worldwide and if you can sell over 90k tickets at a national stadium like Wembley Arena, you'd be stupid not to. After the Klitschko win, Joshua is in such demand worldwide that he can branch out to different countries because Matchroom and Eddie Hearn know he will sell out wherever he goes.
                    It's pretty sad that Wilder wouldn't be able to sell out outside of even his home state at this point in his career yet Joshua is getting offers from multiple international destinations.
                    Of course, Wilder has no one to blame but himself and his handlers for stepping him up at a snail's pace.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                      I think you have it twisted. Wilder fights in his home state because there isn't enough interest in his lackluster match ups to fill a big arena in Vegas, Texas, New York or California. Joshua has fought in his home COUNTRY (again, big difference) because the Brits support their fighters and he is now the biggest attraction in UK boxing
                      So why aren't there 900 threads criticizing Crawford for fighting in Nebraska? Or criticizing Parker for fighting in New Zealand? The point is that fighters fight where it makes the most financial sense to fight. American fighters being criticized for fighting in their home state is silly, especially when their state is bigger than the entire countries these other fighters are fighting in.

But there is no consistency on this site when it comes to PBC fighters. You guys have been brainwashed and apply a double standard to Wilder you would never apply to a non-PBC fighter.

You're right, Wilder would not sell out the T-Mobile Arena or Madison Square Garden. So? There are like 5 boxers in the world, maybe less, that would sell out those arenas. So we're supposed to **** on Wilder constantly because he's not the greatest fighter who ever lived or the most popular fighter that ever lived? What sense does that make?

Comment

Working...
                      X