No announcement yet.

JMM: "If I have to defend my title against Katsidis, I will with honor"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    Not taking anything away from Casamayor, but it really did look like Katsidis ran into that shot. It was ridiculous. It reminds me of the way Hatton invited his chin to Pacquiao's fists.
    Not only that, but it was more than 2 years ago and Katsidis was winning the fight.

2 years ago, Casamayor was winning (or even or losing close depending the scorer) the fight against JMM before Marquez was able to stop him in the 11th.

Katsidis has gotten better in that time frame anyway. Marquez-Katsidis would be a war, no 2 ways about it.

People can be so dumb sometimes...

Comment

JMM-Katsidis would be an incredible fight.....forget Khan

Comment

That's why i respect JMM. Still it's crazy how this dumb **** Diaz thought he was gonna outbox Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Not only that, but it was more than 2 years ago and Katsidis was winning the fight.

2 years ago, Casamayor was winning (or even or losing close depending the scorer) the fight against JMM before Marquez was able to stop him in the 11th.

Katsidis has gotten better in that time frame anyway.
          Everything on point. :nod1:

I don't think a lot of these armchair experts have even sat down to watch those 2 fights back-to-back, as they were held. Katsidis gave Casamayor a hell of a fight for 10 rounds, but what lost him the fight? Inexperience on the world stage. Likewise in the Diaz fight.

Later that year, Marquez struggled desperately against the same Casamayor for 11 rounds. He then struggled against the aforementioned Diaz for 9 rounds the following year. What won him those fights? Over a decades' worth of experience on the world stage.

Use your brains, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Junito-Rulez View Post
            That's why i respect JMM. Still it's crazy how this dumb **** Diaz thought he was gonna outbox Marquez.
            It was a lose-lose situation. If he brawled he would have gotten KO'ed even earlier than last time. At least with boxing he had a better chance, but Marquez was too good. That just shows why this fight shouldn't have happened again.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Everything on point. :nod1:

I don't think a lot of these armchair experts have even sat down to watch those 2 fights back-to-back, as they were held. Katsidis gave Casamayor a hell of a fight for 10 rounds, but what lost him the fight? Inexperience on the world stage. Likewise in the Diaz fight.

Later that year, Marquez struggled desperately against the same Casamayor for 11 rounds. He then struggled against the aforementioned Diaz for 9 rounds the following year. What won him those fights? Over a decades' worth of experience on the world stage.

Use your brains, people!
              That might be too much to ask . Not trying to be a dick, but there's more to boxing than punching and blocking, winning and losing.

Robert Guerrero is used to throwing 100 punches per round and Casamayor cut it in half without throwing punches or clinching.

That's how you know someone is a master at this boxing ****.

Comment

Hopefully JMM goes through with this and doesn't get persuaded to fight Khan from those GBP scum. JMM and Katsidis would be one hell of a war and would give JMM 'FOTY' honours two years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                X