No announcement yet.

My boxing club.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
    Yeah probably. At our gym they come around, they don't come up and say "do this, do this" but we all do at least one pads session and if someone's in the ring then they come and hold the bag and call out punches, so basically they do pads with the bag. Most of the proper technical stuff comes after sparring because the bag work and sparring are two different things. Someone can be Mike Tyson on the bag but the milky bar kid in the ring. But if your coaches aren't teaching you the basics I don't know how they expect you to spar which is a 1000x harder. Teaching you via sparring is a **** idea, they should be teaching you and then refining your skills through sparring.

Anyway, just go and ask them a question. If you're having trouble, ask them. If you're too shy or afraid to ask somebody how to throw a punch then you don't have the confidence to be a boxer anyway. Honestly, just ask them, they wont care about helping you.
    lol well get a load of this, they made me sparr on my first day there!

Comment

oi mate is it trinidad boys club in poole, dorset?

come to oakmead boxing club, best gym around itts in west howe

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
        oi mate is it trinidad boys club in poole, dorset?

come to oakmead boxing club, best gym around itts in west howe
        Yeah its the one in poole how far is the oakmead one idk where oakmead is, not very good with directions, is it near trinidad?

Comment

also whats ur msn? PM me it.

Comment

done ....

Comment

Originally posted by Jordee-G View Post
              Ive been there 6 months
              Have you sparred? How many kids at the gym have actually fought in competitions?

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                Have you sparred? How many kids at the gym have actually fought in competitions?
                Yeah i have i sparred on the first day lols, and idk about7 or 8

Comment

Originally posted by Jordee-G View Post
                  Yeah i have i sparred on the first day lols, and idk about7 or 8
                  well thats not so bad then, how many fights have they had and have they won anything?

Comment

well thats not so bad then, how many fights have they had and have they won anything?
                    i have no idea, whats ur msn PM me it..

Comment

at that gym they got a few good fighters i think one has been to the schoolboy finals not sure about champions but standard of there fighters is ok

Comment

Working...
                      X