Virgil Hill vs Michael Spinks @ 175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgil Hill vs Michael Spinks @ 175?

Who wins and how?

Prime for prime over 12 rounds I'll go for Spinks 116-112. Something like that. Hill was very good and deserves to be taken seriously in this matchup. But Spinks was a LHW ATG, possibly top 10.

Comment

Spinks via wide decision.

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      But Spinks was a LHW ATG, possibly top 10.
      Definitely top 10, I'd have him in top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Spinks via wide decision.

Definitely top 10, I'd have him in top 5.
        I'd have him somewhere between 5 and 10, which really is still superb.

Comment

Prime for prime over 12 rounds I'll go for Spinks 116-112. Something like that. Hill was very good and deserves to be taken seriously in this matchup. But Spinks was a LHW ATG, possibly top 10.
          Good post, co-sign.

Comment

Originally posted by "Marvelous" View Post
            Good post, co-sign.
            Cheers bud.

Comment

I'd have him somewhere between 5 and 10, which really is still superb.
              just out of curiosity, what LHWs would you have rated above Spinks?

He fought in a very strong era and still beat virtually all the best guys available

although LHW is one of the deepest divisions in boxing history.

Comment

possibly????spinks is a top 3 lhw

and he stops hill.spinks had dynamite in both hands and great size and boxing ability.hearns was able to jab hill effectively and jones stopped him with a single shot.i cant see by any stretch of the imagination hill being competitive for more than a few rnds

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  just out of curiosity, what LHWs would you have rated above Spinks?

He fought in a very strong era and still beat virtually all the best guys available

although LHW is one of the deepest divisions in boxing history.

I'd pick the best light heavyweight versions of Roy Jones Jnr, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Gene Tunney and possibly Bob Foster to beat Spinks...........though I'd by no means be certain.

Michael Moorer would be a nasty matchup too. That guy could punch!

Hell, the more I think about it the more names come to mind, Billy Conn would give him a great fight. Tommy Loughran too.

Giving Spinks a top ten rating in my own book is superb when you consider the many legends of the lightheavyweight division. He wouldn't be outclassed by anyone......he is certainly one of the best at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                    possibly????spinks is a top 3 lhw

and he stops hill.spinks had dynamite in both hands and great size and boxing ability.hearns was able to jab hill effectively and jones stopped him with a single shot.i cant see by any stretch of the imagination hill being competitive for more than a few rnds

As I said I think Hill loses the decision. So the right man wins.

Hill had a very durable chin, the Roy Jones shot was a body shot that I believe broke a rib.....no one who saw that doubted Hill's heart, it was one of the nastiest body shots I've ever seen landed. He was of course not in his prime at that point too.

Hill's chin coped with Hearn's power, I think he has a fair chance and enough technical acumen to not get stopped by the 'jinx'.

Comment

Working...
                    X