Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout: Jacobs Beat Golovkin, He's The Best at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Jacobs is best at 160, why didn't he destroy an over matched Arias? Imagine the reaction if Golovkin had even fought Arias, let alone allow the fight to go the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      What casual fans also dont see or feel is the impact of punches. Ive been ringside and felt a boxers BLOCKED punches shake the 1st few rows up. Ive also seen a Paulie fighter throw his most powerful punch and it sounds like a queef...

i was at the Lara/Canelo fight. Another thing you dont see that I watch AND judges do to is the corner and how much damage they are trying to repair. Lara's body was BROKEN by Canelo casual fans dont think body shots count or see the ENTIRE corner ONLY working on the body.
      . I Was a few rows back at the Canelo/Lara fight and remember looking at my wife after Canelo started landing body shots shaking my head. This shots sounded like a shotgun and took the fight out of Lara. He didn't want to fight after the 5th round.

Comment

No surprise coming from a black fighter. "Black middleweight lives matter!" That should be the title of this thread

Comment

THis is nothing but trout supporting his friend

Jacobs is starting to get to much credit for fighting a safe fight and keeping his distance

Comment

I thought GGG eeked out a close decision. Knock down won him the fight on my card and check my history, I'm no GGG fan. A rematch would be cool.

Comment

losers side with losers, thats always been the case. Two fighters who both got 'moral victories' in their biggest fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                If Jacobs is best at 160, why didn't he destroy an over matched Arias? Imagine the reaction if Golovkin had even fought Arias, let alone allow the fight to go the distance?
                This is what I was going to write about...I like Jacobs, i like ggg, they are all super skilled...It's unfortunate it seems just way too many fans on here are biased to fighters based on their race, promoter, PPV sales, and network...If DJ is no. 1 MW in the world he should have disposed LA inside of 12. Jacobs looked good in that fight but if there was ever a platform to shine that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                  This is what I was going to write about...I like Jacobs, i like ggg, they are all super skilled...It's unfortunate it seems just way too many fans on here are biased to fighters based on their race, promoter, PPV sales, and network...If DJ is no. 1 MW in the world he should have disposed LA inside of 12. Jacobs looked good in that fight but if there was ever a platform to shine that was it.
                  True. Arias might turn out to be a good fighter but no way was he ready for a top guy. This was the first time Arias was in a 12 round fight and he never was in with a top 20 rated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                    Watching it live I thought Jacobs did win the fight, and I thought he won it comfortably, I was sure the scores of 116-111, 115-112(2X) where in his favor, watching it live i was utterly shocked when they said and still
                    Well you are in the minority sir. Watch more boxing you will learn in time.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      I thought GGG eeked out a close decision. Knock down won him the fight on my card and check my history, I'm no GGG fan. A rematch would be cool.
                      I agree totally man, I'm a GGG fan but hell I was loving Jacobs during the fight it was only the knockdown that cost him it wasn't controversial at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X