Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referee Phil Edwards lip read during last night's fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    are you aware of britains finest Mr Ian John Lewis?

One of the best to ever do it.

I won't hear a bad word said about Ian John Lewis, and his amazing catchphrase "I am the referee".

I heard that two boxers once wondered why a man in a bowtie was standing in the middle of the ring giving them instructions.... not when Ian does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      I won't hear a bad word said about Ian John Lewis, and his amazing catchphrase "I am the referee".

I heard that two boxers once wondered why a man in a bowtie was standing in the middle of the ring giving them instructions.... not when Ian does the job.
      Was George foreman calling that bout? "Other than the two fighters in the ring, the referee is the most important man in the ring"

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

It is indeed pretty tremendous, it sends shivers down my spine when i hear it, although i do think he missed a trick saying 'the' instead of 'a' and say it in a questioning way

Comment

Working...
        X