Collapse
No announcement yet.

i gotta admit that floyd is way smaller than conor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor is a natural Jr. Middleweight. I think he wears lifts in public. He is not taller than 5'9. He would probably fill out well at 160 too because of his arm length, but he is not much bigger than Canelo or Oscar. He is the same length at Mosley pretty much. He does use his length better than most of Floyd's opponents. I just think he is going to be a fish out of water if he really thinks he can pressure Floyd.

Comment

I feel like Floyd settled into being a natural WW (147) for his frame and I consider Connor to be about naturally 154 lbs. for his frame. To me that's not that big of a difference.

Comment

Oh, and telling Floyd he should fight carefully is like telling a life long nun to make sure she doesn't go f@ck anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          Neither has mayweather
          That's not what he is known for. Besides he has enough power to keep his opponent honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            This is like when shot to **** Roy Jones KO undefeated 90-0 Street brawler Bobby Gunn. Except, Floyd ain't shot to **** and Connor has already gotten his ass beat several times. "peeleft:
            Ass beat? Nah. Connor has only been submitted. There is a difference. Nobody has out-struck him. (not that Floyd can't)

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33 View Post
              McGregor hits harder than all of them.
              I would bet my life on that not being true if given the chance

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                Connor will also be loosing weight the next 6 weeks so will be smaller than he was at these pressers.

In all of the sparring footage his power doesn't seem to translate, chris van heerden said he wasn't phased by his power one bit in 16oz gloves, sure they are not 10oz gloves but other 154/147 fighters are known to hit hard in 16oz gloves connor is not, and he looks SLOW AS HELL, like literally the slowest boxer that has ever faced floyd.
                There is truth between the lines in your claims.

1) Connor wasn't 'slow'. Not at all. He just punches rhythmically and not for the hell of it. Most of the time he has a leg on mma competition because of this.

2) He made very good contact on Van Herdeen on a normal basis.

3) Connor was barely trying as sparring suggests and Herdeen was wearing massive head gear. He was geared up to not get hurt. Duh.

4) If you think Connor is slower than Carlos Baldomir, you're ignorant.
                Last edited by Boxing Goat; 07-15-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  There is truth between the lines in your claims.

1) Connor wasn't 'slow'. Not at all. He just punches rhythmically and not for the hell of it. Most of the time he has a leg on mma competition because of this.

2) He made very good contact on Van Herdeen on a normal basis.

3) Connor was barely trying as sparring suggests and Herdeen was wearing massive head gear. He was geared up to not get hurt. Duh.

4) If you think Connor is slower than Carlos Baldomir, you're ignorant.
                  Even with sparring gears, punches hurt. And you still feel the power of the punches. I'm sure Van Herdeen sparred more than just Conor McGregor. Van Herdeen sparred a lot of rounds with a lot of different boxers in headgears and wasn't impressed with Conor's power. Conor's power may be out of this world in the UFC, but in boxing it might be just above average.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                    Even with sparring gears, punches hurt. And you still feel the power of the punches. I'm sure Van Herdeen sparred more than just Conor McGregor. Van Herdeen sparred a lot of rounds with a lot of different boxers in headgears and wasn't impressed with Conor's power. Conor's power may be out of this world in the UFC, but in boxing it might be just above average.
                    I can agree with that but I saw that footage and I could hear those punches Connor was landing. I bet Herdeen would tell you that Spence Jr. can't punch too.

Comment

Working...
                    X