Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ducking Below Waist Level Against The Rules?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ducking Below Waist Level Against The Rules?

I'm just not sure if that's against the rules. If it is against the rules, there were certainly numerous instances during the fight that the ref could have given Bradley the warning. Pacquiao missed a lot of punches when Bradley ducked way below the waist line. Reminded me of how Lucero fought Pacquiao.

In amateurs it is.

Comment

In the pros it is also.

Comment

From what I've heard yes, but from the looks of it you would think it's not. Plenty of fighters are doing this.

Comment

I always learned it is an illegal move because you are not suppose to punch below an opponents waist. Mike Tyson did it lots but wasn't called on it really but in amatuers you'll get warned

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
            I'm just not sure if that's against the rules. If it is against the rules, there were certainly numerous instances during the fight that the ref could have given Bradley the warning. Pacquiao missed a lot of punches when Bradley ducked way below the waist line. Reminded me of how Lucero fought Pacquiao.
            Another fighter who defended well against Pacquiao and was slowly finding his way back into the fight was Solis, he was also bending at the waist and Manny found it extremely difficult to catch him. We know how that ended though. But I can't recall one instance, or remember one, where the ref warned for such a thing. I'd like to know if someone has.

Comment

Yes but fighters do it all the time and get away with it.

Comment

That's right, I remember that one against Solis. He was in panic mode trying to get away and was ducking really low and Pacquiao kept missing.

Might be something Pacquiao can ask the ref on his next fight.

Comment

It's hard to tell if they're bending below the waist especially since some fighters have their trunks way too high. I consider a waist to be on the hip line and a little below the belly button but most fighters have their trunks over the belly button.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                    Yes but fighters do it all the time and get away with it.
                    You have to remember it's ok to do this to anyone else except Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X