No announcement yet.

HBO IS DEAD THEIR OBSESSION WITH EE FIGHTERS KILLED It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO IS DEAD THEIR OBSESSION WITH EE FIGHTERS KILLED It

I'm not sure it was their "obsession". They lost Lomachenko because Top Rank went to ESPN and GGG would draw it's highest ratings outside of Canelo. I think Kovalev drew better than most on it too. It's not like the Super Fly cards are drawing well or if the Jacobs shows did well or if Ward was drawing well.

They simply just cut their budget and had less and less dates and promoters took their guys elsewhere. I don't think it's due to showing European boxers I think it's more down to they just didn't have regular programming.

I think it's very likely in 12 months there will be no more HBO Boxing. I think Kellerman and Lampley are insanely biased and at times annoying but I still like the production value and excitement that an HBO broadcast produces. A lot of classic fights I still watch to this day were HBO shows. Them days are gone.

Comment

so basically bbc's won the war?
      is that kigalis podcast btw?

Comment

People joke about the LDBC but 78sports is probably the least biased and keeps it real...everybody else..iono. Blood boxing too, after that it falls off when it comes to quality.

Comment

they should have built some more bertos and broners.

Comment

Lol. Geesh human beings really are very gullible. HBO decided to get out the boxing business. It OK. Move on. Quit thinking out loud its just not for you. We have ESPN, Showtime, Fox. HBO is dead, thats fine

Comment

You are absolutely clueless...HBO doesnt have **** anymore because all the former fighters moved to other networks.

Comment

This is a terrible video. The only reason that HBO doesn't showcase as many black American fighters anymore is because of Al Haymon. 90% of the top black American fighters signed with Haymon and after he took his fighters from HBO to Showtime then HBO was forced to show more foreign fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  they should have built some more bertos and broners.
                  When Berto and Broner were on HBO they fought almost nothing but cans. Berto's title reign especially was a complete joke.

Comment

Dead but they've got the biggest fight of the year lol , another trash video from losers den.

Comment

Working...
                    X