Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight night weights aren't real.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing magical about those 15 hours. If you're hydrated at your normal weight, you're not gonna gain any more weight for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Just like compubox. People only believe them when it fits their narrative.
      Nah man Compubox favors certain fighters naw mean Jacobs landed 1000/1000 punches.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        There's nothing magical about those 15 hours. If you're hydrated at your normal weight, you're not gonna gain any more weight for no reason.
        People seem to think that there is a continuous linear correlation between a fighters weight and time elapsed since the weigh in, hence why some people really think Jacobs came into the ring at 185-190. In reality he would have capped off at his usual rehydration weight of somewhere in the high 170s.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Oh no, too much common sense for Motorcity Cobra yo handle.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            People seem to think that there is a continuous linear correlation between a fighters weight and time elapsed since the weigh in, hence why some people really think Jacobs came into the ring at 185-190. In reality he would have capped off at his usual rehydration weight of somewhere in the high 170s.
            If my calculations are correct, Jacobs must now weigh in the low 200s. If this trend continues, planet earth is doomed. He'll be unstoppable.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-19-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

What does this post have to do with what he just posted?
              Check his post history and you'll see. He knows what I'm talking about. But if you spend a week harping about weight and then try to discredit another mans fight night weight to justify (in his words) the cheating tactics of Jacon you're a hypocrite.

Now do you have a better understanding of what I'm taking about and the revelance to this thread?
              Last edited by SilverMiles; 03-19-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

So does this mean no more bragging about floyd beating guys 15-20 pounds heavier?

Comment

The fact that GGG weighed 169.6 in the morning and 170 at night isn't unusual at all. GGG isn't one of these boxers who is putting on weight right up to the night of the fight. By the morning of the fight GGG had gained all the weight he was going to gain. His weight had stabilized at about 170 pounds. Some boxers gain weight right up to the fight. GGG is not one of them. I weigh myself a lot. I weight about the same at night as I do in the morning give or take a pound.

Comment

excatly people are idiots, like they think you can just keep on putting weight on lmfao that makes no sense at all.

Comment

He always weighs around 170 on fight night, his highest was 173 so that's nothing unusual.

Comment

Working...
                      X