Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What it would take for Thurman to be considered a hall of famer/ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it would take for Thurman to be considered a hall of famer/ATG?

What would it take for him to easily be considered a HOF fighter? I say if he beats Pacquiao, Bradley, Brook & Spence than there's no debate that he'll be considered an ATG/HOF caliber fighter.

There is a huge difference between a hall of famer and an ATG. Gatti is in the hall of fame, for example, and there are probably 250 better fighters than him.

Comment

To even get to the hall of fame he would have to clean out 147 and atleast win a title at 154 or defend his titles at 147 for awhile..He is not even close right now..chill out

Comment

Needs to clean the 147 division. And win a title at 154 to 160. He now have solid wins against Porter and Garcia.

Comment

Getting into the Boxing Hall of Fame is not hard! Rocky and Fictional Character is in the hall of fame lol

Comment

ATG????LOL he would have to pile up lineal defenses and dominate 147 or move up and dominate..
            Last edited by Larry the boss; 03-13-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Win his next fight, then win another one and another one and keep winning until there's nothing left at 147. Then move up to 154 and win some more.

Comment

simple

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                What would it take for him to easily be considered a HOF fighter? I say if he beats Pacquiao, Bradley, Brook & Spence than there's no debate that he'll be considered an ATG/HOF caliber fighter.
                Beat the Brook-Spence winner, to become the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight champion, and then string together 10 defenses of his unified welterweight championship (Garcia rematch, Lamont Peterson, Berto-Porter winner, Spence/Brook rematch, 140lbers coming up, etc).

Thurman proves to the world that he's the top welterweight figter on the planet, and then tests himself up at 154lbs, and he gets the HOF.

Comment

I am a Thurman fan and I think he is an excellent fighter. I think he comes up a little short of being an all time great. He is in the middle of his prime right now. He beat top welterweights Porter and Garcia but didn't really dominate them. I think a prime all time great welterweight such as Mayweather, Trinidad, Oscar, Hearns and Leonard would dominate guys like Garcia and Porter. We will see how Spence does with Brook. I think Spence is more likely to become an all time great than Thurman.

Comment

Beat pacquiao and or the spence brook winner. Or Crawford. Any 2 combo there is prob hof worthy. And prob win a title at 154

Comment

Working...
                    X