No announcement yet.

Marquez punch was NOT lucky!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez punch was NOT lucky!

I will be 100% honest and real, Manny was whooping his ass the whole fight looking better than ever and was on the verge of a stoopage (people seem to forget this) and then he overcommited and this is the cardinal sin against such a strong counter puncher like JMM. He was apparently practicing that punch all training camp and was KO'ing a lot of sparring partners. NOW WATCH THIS http://instagram.com/p/zt3LQdofqz/ 1300lbs of force was in the punch which KO'd Pacquaio, equivalent to swinging a 10lb sledgehammer. He may have been luky to land it but it eas not a "lucky punch"! Case closed.

There was an element of luck to it.

Not that he threw it, or that it landed, but the fact that pac tripped over marquez' foot and landed face first onto the punch was lucky. That aspect was not planned by JMm.

Maybe it still would have ko'd pac anyway but i don't think it would have Hattoned him

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
      I will be 100% honest and real, Manny was whooping his ass the whole fight looking better than ever and was on the verge of a stoopage (people seem to forget this) and then he overcommited and this is the cardinal sin against such a strong counter puncher like JMM. He was apparently practicing that punch all training camp and was KO'ing a lot of sparring partners. NOW WATCH THIS http://instagram.com/p/zt3LQdofqz/ 1300lbs of force was in the punch which KO'd Pacquaio, equivalent to swinging a 10lb sledgehammer. He may have been luky to land it but it eas not a "lucky punch"! Case closed.
      Chest acne.

Karma.

"If he dies, he dies..." ~Drago

Comment

Pac himself said it was not a lucky punch. what is there to argue about?

Comment

The punch was not lucky, Marquez landed the same shot multiple times over the past 3 fights. He just has hulk smash power now to actually capitalize on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            There was an element of luck to it.

Not that he threw it, or that it landed, but the fact that pac tripped over marquez' foot and landed face first onto the punch was lucky. That aspect was not planned by JMm.

Maybe it still would have ko'd pac anyway but i don't think it would have Hattoned him
            I came in here to say that. The luck aspect is the fact that Pacquiao tripped over JMM's foot and launched himself into the punch.

Comment

Aside from a few fanatic pinoys I don't think anyone considers is a "lucky punch". JMM knew Pac was going to lunge in and timed it perfectly.

Comment

"I didn't know Pacquiao's head was going to be there. I got lucky." - Juan Manuel Marquez (post-fight interview)

Comment

ask your fellow pacf@gs

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Shavers View Post
                    "I didn't know Pacquiao's head was going to be there. I got lucky." - Juan Manuel Marquez (post-fight interview)
                    Did he actually say this?

Comment

Working...
                    X