• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance

Comment

Clenelo is ducking Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        But its OK for Canelo to have tried to get Golovkin at a sub 160 pound catchweight.
        Wait who is the one who said 154 or 168 I can't remember? And Canelo at the time never fought higher then 155 in his entire career and I'm pretty sure loeffler himself said there was no problem for GGG to move down to fight the winner of Canelo/Cotto but like everything with GGG they were lying and full of shyt. And this was after they killed the Ward fight by demanding Ward come down to 164 for a catch-weight refusing to fight him at 168 after agreeing to fight other fighters at 168. The blatant flip flopping and hypocrisy from GGG camp is what gets them in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Wait who is the one who said 154 or 168 I can't remember? And Canelo at the time never fought higher then 155 in his entire career and I'm pretty sure loeffler himself said there was no problem for GGG to move down to fight the winner of Canelo/Cotto but like everything with GGG they were lying and full of shyt. And this was after they killed the Ward fight by demanding Ward come down to 164 for a catch-weight refusing to fight him at 168 after agreeing to fight other fighters at 168. The blatant flip flopping and hypocrisy from GGG camp is what gets them in trouble.
          So your saying it's not OK for Gennady to defend his titles at 160 but if Ward says essentially the same thing that's fine with you. As far as the so called hypocrisy that you refer to, Golovkin said flat out in a ESPN interview that he would only fight Mayweather at a catchweight. His camp also announced after the Rosado fight that they negotiated initially at a catchweight, there will be no catchweight fights in the future. Frankly in my opinion there should be no title fights at catchweights. Yeah it was done throughout boxing history but now with the extra divisions it's not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            He'll lose his WBC belt tho.
            Canelo doesn't need that belt. He doesn't really need any belt like when he fought Lara and Angulo at 155. He is at a point where the belt doesn't matter but he would still have the WBA 160 and 168

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Canelo doesn't need that belt. He doesn't really need any belt like when he fought Lara and Angulo at 155. He is at a point where the belt doesn't matter but he would still have the WBA 160 and 168
              I understand that as he's dropped the belt before. But GGG is goin for hardware right? That's what it's always been about for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                So your saying it's not OK for Gennady to defend his titles at 160 but if Ward says essentially the same thing that's fine with you. As far as the so called hypocrisy that you refer to, Golovkin said flat out in a ESPN interview that he would only fight Mayweather at a catchweight. His camp also announced after the Rosado fight that they negotiated initially at a catchweight, there will be no catchweight fights in the future. Frankly in my opinion there should be no title fights at catchweights. Yeah it was done throughout boxing history but now with the extra divisions it's not necessary.
                So this wasn't Tom loeffler who said this?

https://www.******.com/367331-promot...anelo-alvarez/

Loeffler said that Golovkin would have no problem fighting at a catchweight against Alvarez, who fought Lara in a 155-pound bout.

There wouldn’t be any issues for us to come down to fight Canelo. There would still be a title on the line for Gennady because he would be fighting under 160, so he would be able to defend the titles at 156 or whatever you have the weight be. But Gennady would be willing to come down in weight to fight Canelo. I wouldn’t say it would be at 154 but certainly, given that Canelo fought his last fight at 155, then you could say that Gennady would certainly be willing to come down in weight to make the Canelo fight.”

GGG and his promoter said they would go down for a big fight and loeffer before Canelo/cotto said they would have no problems facing the winner at catch-weight then as is typical they flip flop after the fight demanding it only takes place at 160 a weight he knew canelo never fought at.

EDIT: boxingscene censors any mention of r!ngTV so you can Google those quotes and that article saying they wanted to fight cotto or Canelo and no problem going down weight to fight canelo.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-21-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                  Yeah, I think I would have feel the same after winning 40M. Lol

He has multiple options now. And yeah he is on suicide watch because murata lost.

Dude wake up. He will just take the better deal. The more he takes to decide, the better deals will come.

One thing its certain. The murata payday its out of the picture for now.

I think he just go straight for charlo or andrade in that order.

I dont want a third canelo fight, that will be 1 and 2 all over again.
                  Money isnt everything lil dude.

and the more he decided to wait the better it will get lmfao this aint the court system and you waiting out for a better plea deal lmfao this is buisness and youre only worth what the next man is willing to pay for you, so the longer he waits the more info his offers will leak and peopel will re-adjust their offers accordinly to not over pay.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    So this wasn't Tom loeffler who said this?

https://www.******.com/367331-promot...anelo-alvarez/

Loeffler said that Golovkin would have no problem fighting at a catchweight against Alvarez, who fought Lara in a 155-pound bout.

There wouldn’t be any issues for us to come down to fight Canelo. There would still be a title on the line for Gennady because he would be fighting under 160, so he would be able to defend the titles at 156 or whatever you have the weight be. But Gennady would be willing to come down in weight to fight Canelo. I wouldn’t say it would be at 154 but certainly, given that Canelo fought his last fight at 155, then you could say that Gennady would certainly be willing to come down in weight to make the Canelo fight.”

GGG and his promoter said they would go down for a big fight and loeffer before Canelo/cotto said they would have no problems facing the winner at catch-weight then as is typical they flip flop after the fight demanding it only takes place at 160 a weight he knew canelo never fought at.

EDIT: boxingscene censors any mention of r!ngTV so you can Google those quotes and that article saying they wanted to fight cotto or Canelo and no problem going down weight to fight canelo.
                    Loffler may have said that but Gennady the guy that gets in the ring the guy that Tom works for said only Mayweather. Since you mentioned ******, why do the censor their posts. I've tried to post links before and I noticed they are blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                      I understand that as he's dropped the belt before. But GGG is goin for hardware right? That's what it's always been about for him.
                      that is what it was about but now at his age its about revenge against Canelo plus dat 8 figure payday

Comment

Working...
                      X