Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs Liston best wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad lived in the Scranton/Wilks Barre area in the late 20's and 30's. He saw all the greats from that time who trained in the general area. Loughran was his favorite. He remembered running with Tunney around a lake in Pa training for Dempsey. He was 12-13 at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
      Ben you must not have read my earlier post saying how great Louis was.
      With that said in my humble opinion if Cleveland got out of the first 2 rounds in which he struggled against a few I think he’d make it a fight for awhile because of his reach size and excellent punching power. He was better than most of Joe’s opponents. As for Patterson , he had a long amateur career and was a much better and Dangerous fight than the “ Slickster Machen. By the way Williams & the Slickster fought to a Hard faught 10 round draw, Just Saying
      Most I can do for Williams is 4 rounds. That's how long Galento and Baer lasted and Louis didn't *****foot around because he felt they were dangerous. He'd probably have the same attitude towards Williams

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
        Most I can do for Williams is 4 rounds. That's how long Galento and Baer lasted and Louis didn't *****foot around because he felt they were dangerous. He'd probably have the same attitude towards Williams
        ^^^^^ this fight here.

Comment

Working...
        X