No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    My thoughts exactly! He tried way hard and feeled in a LONT of the blanks.... Wonder how how bad his Canelo/Jacobs card is going to be????
    I'll gladly post my card. Going in I think Canelo wins legitimately on the cards, or stops Danny late. I already gave my take on how the fight will go in another thread.

I'm one of the few people who will actually score that one fairly since I have no horse in the race lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      I cant speak for the US, but we can pay with paypal over here, which makes it pretty convenient.
      Damn now that's convenient. I just hate that automatic renewal process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        If that is the case with Canelo, then post the rounds. Should be easy.

"Obviously his opponents had good moments too, but besides rounds 6 and 10 for Jacobs, I can't think of one automatic round against GGG in those 3 fights" - this was my original quote. I've said many times I scored all 3 fights 8-4 for GGG.

Your comment here, and there are many other examples, show that you do not debate in good faith on here. Good luck to you man, I wish you well!!

Edit - this convo began because someone said he didn't like how people said guy X won without giving their rd by rd scores. I responded with my scores and breakdown. You guys are doing the very thing you were demonizing.

If you want to show how real you keep it post your scores for those fights, so everyone else can see your brilliance.

Your comment here, and there are many other examples, PROVE that you have no feel for this game..... that has been plainly obvious since the day you joined

everyone was like..... oh fk, another casual idiot

btw kid, in 5 of those rounds, every single judge scored those 5 rounds for Canelo

ALL of them

but yea, carry on waving your pom-pom's, and pretending like you know how to score a fight

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Your comment here, and there are many other examples, PROVE that you have no feel for this game..... that has been plainly obvious since the day you joined

everyone was like..... oh fk, another casual idiot

btw kid, in 5 of those rounds, every single judge scored those 5 rounds for Canelo

ALL of them

but yea, carry on waving your pom-pom's, and pretending like you know how to score a fight
            Like I said man you don't debate in good faith and you deal exclusively in negativity - it is a waste of time! Wish you well!!

Comment

• Negativity about DAZN compared to PPV is bizarre to me, don't you get basically a year for the price of one to one and half PPVs? If you are any type of boxing fan thats a straight no brainer to me. My only complaint is it isn't available in my location. If you illegally stream it, well whatever, you'll stream it either way.

Look at the UFC, you now have to pay for espn+ and pay for the PPV I believe, thats the worse of both worlds.
              Also its not like DAZN is a new business, they have been in numerous markets around the world for some time, and boxing isn't that big compared to soccer rights fees so they should have a fair idea of what they are doing. As far as an app, everyone better get used to that, its the way things are being delivered going forward 100%, they is just no doubt about that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
                Negativity about DAZN compared to PPV is bizarre to me, don't you get basically a year for the price of one to one and half PPVs? If you are any type of boxing fan thats a straight no brainer to me.
                The biggest issue isn't the money. It's the fact that the US market is now split into three universes. So it's less likely than ever that fans will get the fights they want.

For decades, it was HBO and Showtime. Sometimes you'd get the fights you want and sometimes you couldn't because fighters were on the wrong side of the street. That was bad enough. But what we have now is insane.

Wilder on one side of the street, Tyson Fury on the other, and now Anthony Joshua in a different zip code. DAZN lowering the cost of big fights is great in theory, but not if it means getting fewer big fights because there are now three sides of the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  The biggest issue isn't the money. It's the fact that the US market is now split into three universes. So it's less likely than ever that fans will get the fights they want.

For decades, it was HBO and Showtime. Sometimes you'd get the fights you want and sometimes you couldn't because fighters were on the wrong side of the street. That was bad enough. But what we have now is insane.

Wilder on one side of the street, Tyson Fury on the other, and now Anthony Joshua in a different zip code. DAZN lowering the cost of big fights is great in theory, but not if it means getting fewer big fights because there are now three sides of the street.

Completely understand the issues with network exclusives, but realistically didn't DAZN just replace HBO so there are still 3 competing platforms? I'm not from the US so not really that familiar with the situation there.

Regardless, shouldn't you be wanting everyone to go to DAZN because the value proposition is so much better for viewers, I really don't see a future for PPV long term, illegal streams are just too hard to fight. You just have to make it reasonably priced and convenient enough that people can't be bothered like spotify did with music, you can still pirate all the music you want, its just most people couldn't be bothered anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
                    Completely understand the issues with network exclusives, but realistically didn't DAZN just replace HBO so there are still 3 competing platforms? I'm not from the US so not really that familiar with the situation there.
                    HBO's primary promoters were Top Rank and Golden Boy. Top Rank left and set up shop over at ESPN, which sped up HBO's downfall. While ESPN created a third universe, HBO leaving the business reduced things back to two. DAZN signed Golden Boy, so now we have three. Essentially, HBO split into two (ESPN & DAZN). The best thing for fans would be one universe. Fans had begrudgingly accepted two for years, but three is too much.

Regardless, shouldn't you be wanting everyone to go to DAZN because the value proposition is so much better for viewers, I really don't see a future for PPV long term
                    The sport can't grow on DAZN. What boxing desperately needed for years was exposure on network TV and basic cable. It finally has that now thanks to Fox and ESPN. Yes, DAZN is a better deal than PPV, but DAZN has existed in the US for nine months and has only had one PPV worthy fight. That means the rest of the months, they're charging $20 for fights that HBO and Showtime wouldn't have even wanted before.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Yes, DAZN is a better deal than PPV, but DAZN has existed in the US for nine months and has only had one PPV worthy fight. That means the rest of the months, they're charging $20 for fights that HBO and Showtime wouldn't have even wanted before.
                      Again I'm not from the US so not sure about the numbers, but:

A) DAZN is $8.33 a month if you buy yearly correct? So you would have paid $75 for those 9 months of DAZN so far, how much was the spence vs garcia PPV, wasn't it $75?

B) Why would you pay the $20 single monthly price every month? If you just wanted to what Canelo vs Jacobs than all you had to pay was $20 once.

Comment

Working...
                      X