Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Vice President: Spence will only face fighters from PBC, Crawford not an option

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Typical PBC behavior.
    You didn't even watch the video. If you had, you'd know what Jubei posted is dishonest.

Come on dude.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      You didn't even watch the video. If you had, you'd know what Jubei posted is dishonest.

Come on dude.
      I'm really just trying to get WBC's pants all in a twist with a n essay of a response I won't read.

I know PBC won't have their top guys go near Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I'm really just trying to get WBC's pants all in a twist with a n essay of a response I won't read.
        Thank you for finally admitting you're a blatant troll. It was already obvious to everyone, but it's nice for you to finally be honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Or Haymon is the savior making all of these fights possible. Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter, Danny Garcia vs. Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter, Errol Spence vs. Kell Brook, these are Haymon's recent welterweight title fights. What are Arum's? Robbing Pacquiao against Horn? Horn getting obliterated by Crawford?

Who is going to deliver the better welterweight title fights in the coming years, Haymon or Arum?
          You can deliver great fights while preventing better ones. The first doesn't preclude the other.

Comment

Well, at least we have a glimpse into who is ducking who and who is hiding behind their manager/promoter.

Comment

I didnt watch the video but hey that's what every single promoter does anyway. They exhaust all options on their side before trying to reach out to the other side for fights unless they are bound by purse bids or whatever.

I have no issue with Spence fighting Thurman, Porter, D Garcia, Ugas, or anyone else half decent and relevant. The issue I have is Spence fighting stiffs and Has beens. Theres plenty of opposition at PBC but he's looking at 2 years as the champ early in the spring and he hasn't fought ANYONE remotely viable.

IMO that's what PBC has done the worse job at. They get their fighters one big fight then they go backwards and have 2 or 3 meaning less fights and lose all momentum they built with a good win.

Crawford vs Spence is not gonna happen anytime soon, I think anyone with half a brain that follows the sport knows that. I expect maybe in 2021 we get a watered down version of what should have been a mega fight in 2019 with one or the other getting older or losing a step and that would be Spence more than Crawford because Crawford will be fighting nobodies and blown up 140 fighters for the next couple years while Spence has to get through the PBC 147 lbers...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Could've gotten MORE on the other side due to the quality of Dance Partners that would've been available for PPV and by eliminating the Promoter who yeah he gives you your 3 Million+ but makes way more off of you and your talent then you do
                “Could’ve” being the operative word. Staying with top rank means he gets his guarantee but he also signed on the pretence he’d be able to fight those ppv calibre opponents.

I’m not that fussed in all honesty because it doesn’t change much. We knew Spence would face the likes of porter and Thurman first before Crawford. They will meet eventually, it’s inevitable if they both keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  I didnt watch the video but hey that's what every single promoter does anyway. They exhaust all options on their side before trying to reach out to the other side for fights unless they are bound by purse bids or whatever.

I have no issue with Spence fighting Thurman, Porter, D Garcia, Ugas, or anyone else half decent and relevant. The issue I have is Spence fighting stiffs and Has beens. Theres plenty of opposition at PBC but he's looking at 2 years as the champ early in the spring and he hasn't fought ANYONE remotely viable.

IMO that's what PBC has done the worse job at. They get their fighters one big fight then they go backwards and have 2 or 3 meaning less fights and lose all momentum they built with a good win.

Crawford vs Spence is not gonna happen anytime soon, I think anyone with half a brain that follows the sport knows that. I expect maybe in 2021 we get a watered down version of what should have been a mega fight in 2019 with one or the other getting older or losing a step and that would be Spence more than Crawford because Crawford will be fighting nobodies and blown up 140 fighters for the next couple years while Spence has to get through the PBC 147 lbers...
                  I just said something along those lines but I’m also hoping Spence doesn’t move up in weight in that time

Comment

That is a plain duck in my book

And btw Mikey vs Spence is a **** fight. A ****ing mismatch. Not interested at all, I want to see Mikey vs Loma and Spence vs someone who is not a lightweight

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      I just said something along those lines but I’m also hoping Spence doesn’t move up in weight in that time
                      Yeah that's the problem. The longer we wait, the less viable the fight becomes. Spence is a bigger guy and probably will move up in the future and Crawford started way below 147 as is. If it doesn't happen by 2020 man f U C K it, just write it off as another one boxing let get away when it was the right time

Comment

Working...
                      X