No announcement yet.

Where are the apologies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    They ran HBO out. SHO increased their budget so much that HBO decided it wasn't worth trying to compete.
    hbo has been decreasing their budget for a long time. they're getting out because they feel like boxing isn't as lucrative as it once was. last time showtime upped their budget to go head to head with hbo, they were outlasted...it was a great run for boxing fans, but hbo came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      For real B Hustla, my homie.

They always trying to keep us down, bruh!
      Yae but now we on top.

Comment

What's with all the threads today asking for apologies? Man up you wusses.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          It wasn't due to PBC , who draws like 600k viewers to it's biggest shows lol
          Wilder does a million+ on linear Showtime, which doesn't count all the people watching on Showtime's app and Showtime Anytime.

Trolls like you really look more pathetic than ever. I kept explaining that HBO was cheating the system by refusing to air fights live on their app or HBO GO, not putting fights on demand until Tuesday, etc etc.

I kept explaining that SHO's public number was skewed by Showtime allowing live streaming, quick VOD, etc etc.

And here we are. Showtime doubles down on boxing while HBO throws in the towel.

So who do you think was right all along about the numbers? Me? Or the trolls like you? Because if I was wrong, HBO boxing would still exist and SHO wouldn't be increasing their budget.

Comment

I never criticised you, but I apologise on behalf of everyone who did on this forum. And if BigStomps was one of those people, then please, forgive her, for she knows not what she does.

Comment

Wilder does a million+ on linear Showtime, which doesn't count all the people watching on Showtime's app and Showtime Anytime.

Trolls like you really look more pathetic than ever. I kept explaining that HBO was cheating the system by refusing to air fights live on their app or HBO GO, not putting fights on demand until Tuesday, etc etc.

I kept explaining that SHO's public number was skewed by Showtime allowing live streaming, quick VOD, etc etc.

And here we are. Showtime doubles down on boxing while HBO throws in the towel.

So who do you think was right all along about the numbers? Me? Or the trolls like you? Because if I was wrong, HBO boxing would still exist and SHO wouldn't be increasing their budget.
              Actually according to Stephen Espinoza on Michael woods talkbox podcast the the app only has tens of thousands of viewers for fights?

Comment

Everybody said I was crazy for insisting PBC would land a big deal with FOX and kill HBO boxing. Admittedly, I didn't think HBO boxing would die in 2018, figured it might take a year or two longer than that. But nonetheless, when PBC launched, most of you here insisted it would flop and that there was no way it would put HBO boxing out of business.

Yet here we are.

I was called every name in the book. So surely there are at least a few honorable gentlemen here willing to apologize?
                Only wish I was active at the time to see it.

Comment

Does anyone know if Haymon is married

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                    Actually according to Stephen Espinoza on Michael woods talkbox podcast the the app only has tens of thousands of viewers for fights?
                    The literal app, yes. But you have the actual independent app, you have Showtime Anytime, you have DirecTV Everywhere, a variety of services. Showtime is very very coy about how many people total are watching, but their actions show they're very happy with the viewership numbers.

Comment

Everybody said I was crazy for insisting PBC would land a big deal with FOX and kill HBO boxing. Admittedly, I didn't think HBO boxing would die in 2018, figured it might take a year or two longer than that. But nonetheless, when PBC launched, most of you here insisted it would flop and that there was no way it would put HBO boxing out of business.

Yet here we are.

I was called every name in the book. So surely there are at least a few honorable gentlemen here willing to apologize?
                      First Black Panther breaks records, Floyd announces his ring return, Canelo whopped Triple Flop, and now this!! Man, BLACK POWER in this mufuhka!!! Salute my black brotha!
                      Last edited by Mr. 29K; 09-27-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X