No announcement yet.

From bad to worse. Fighters starting to question if Hearn is the right move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    PBC had a problem keeping fighters active with limited dates, but he was one of the few who was perfectly fine fighting once a year. He would say stuff like it allows his body to rest and his hands to heal up etc. But then he went on this rant on wanting to be more active recently. I don't know, but he may get two fights a year here and there, but he's never going to be an active fighter. He gets 7 figures a fight and seems like a smart guy, so good for him if that's what he wants.

Illness? Interesting, never heard about that. Recent illness or one he's had for some time now?

Still, no excuse for him not to get the LSC fight next. If not, then simply put LSC doesn't want it. GRJ publicly shamed both LSC and Haymon after his last fight and put all the pressure on their side. I'm perfectly fine with the Tank fight as well, but if he can't get either then he needs to think hard on getting some of the top TR 126 pounders.

Not sure if am allowed to mention it on here, but was told he has crohn disease. Which is a lifelong thing, so that might explain his inactivity sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      How many of us honestly believe any promoter would have done anything differently in Hearn's shoes though?
      I'm not talking about going ahead with the fight. Im sure 99% would've gone ahead once the kangaroo court cleared Whyte to fight. But not informing Rivas is the biggest issue. And a issue he's yet to give an acceptable answer to. His reasoning is since the process ocalls for the BBBoC to inform only him & Whyte, he had no obligation himself to inform Rivas. That right there is a problem. A serious character issue knowing what's at stake in the ring.

He's completely hidden himself behind a process and felt no moral obligation to inform the other fighter he's fighting a man who has tested positive for a PED.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Not sure if am allowed to mention it on here, but was told he has crohn disease. Which is a lifelong thing, so that might explain his inactivity sometimes.
        Thanks, never heard that before.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Did Hearn think GRJ wanted to fight three times a year or something? It's already known that GRJ fights his one fight per year schedule because that's what he wants to do. Same with how Thurman would fight once a year.

But I just think GRJ probably has been promised the LSC or Tank showdown next so he stayed put.

As for Mikey? The move to DAZN didn't make sense unless it was just him getting a crazy sum money to fight inferior competition. Prograis nor Taylor have DAZN deals yet so it's not like he couldn't get either fight on another network. I bet Mikey ends up getting the DSG fight after all.
          Good point! And even if they had DAZN deals, how bad must you want Mikey (aka how many subscriptions can he bring) to vastly overpay him to fight Prograis and Taylor who most likely don't generate that kind of revenues yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
            Good point! And even if they had DAZN deals, how bad must you want Mikey (aka how many subscriptions can he bring) to vastly overpay him to fight Prograis and Taylor who most likely don't generate that kind of revenues yet.
            I mean Mikey made anywhere from 8.5-10M vs Spence, and both Mikey and Hearn confirmed that he was offered a similar amount to face a much inferior opponent on DAZN. I think that should answer your queation lol.

Hearn still desperately wants a big American name. Mikey is the end that’s at least entertaining going to DAZN. Who other could you say is doing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I'm not talking about going ahead with the fight. Im sure 99% would've gone ahead once the kangaroo court cleared Whyte to fight. But not informing Rivas is the biggest issue. And a issue he's yet to give an acceptable answer to. His reasoning is since the process ocalls for the BBBoC to inform only him & Whyte, he had no obligation himself to inform Rivas. That right there is a problem. A serious character issue knowing what's at stake in the ring.

He's completely hidden himself behind a process and felt no moral obligation to inform the other fighter he's fighting a man who has tested positive for a PED.
              It was immoral, 100% agree but how many people would have went over to the other camp and said "sorry, I our guy failed a drug test. We just wanted you to know."? I don't think very many.

Comment

Remember when Fast Car Eddie was going to sign all the big USA names, take over America and create new stars along the way?

Nah, me either. But I remember him saying he was going to do it.

Comment

This is the BBBofC's call only, or? Eddie is Eddie so he's slippery but I wonder if the BBBofC actually tries to ensure there is confidential until these matters are over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Because that's not how their kangaroo court process works.

At the end of the day in this sport you'd hope a promoters would buck the process and do the morally right thing.

So as a fighter you're looking at Hearn as someone who would send them in the ring without letting them know the other guy has tested positive for a PED.

The board passed him and allowed him to fight. It's up to the board or whoever has the authority to inform Rivas not Hearn because most promotors would do the same thing. I'm not a fan of Hearn but the officials screwed up. Somehow the second sample wasn't tested prior to the fight and in an article I read there was a private meeting and a deal was struck. Hearn somehow "fixed" it.
                    I'm pretty sure that the fight normally would not go ahead untill the second sample was tested. So yeah Hearn is a scumbag but so are the officials.

Comment

Working...
                    X