Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've lost my mind haven't I?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he overcomes that size difference.
    We seen it vs Takam how clueless he is vs a shorter fighter who fights short. He gives up his height and reach.
    If Takam was 1/10th of the counterpuncher that Ward is that fight would of gotten very interesting, real quickly, not 8 rounds in.

Two ways he can win by utilising a lot of lateral movement and zipping in and out or staying on the outside and making him give up that height and reach and countering him. How many ways does AJ have to win? One, by knockout. He is not outboxing Ward even with a 20" reach advantage. He's too slow and basic.
    His reach will be rather ineffective because his feet are too slow to get in position like they were vs Takam who isn't exactly fleet-footed.

He don't have to be Roy Jones, he has to be Andre Ward.
    Roy was just a better athlete, he wasn't a better boxer than Ward. He wasn't a better technician.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I think he overcomes that size difference.
      We seen it vs Takam how clueless he is vs a shorter fighter who fights short. He gives up his height and reach.
      If Takam was 1/10th of the counterpuncher that Ward is that fight would of gotten very interesting, real quickly, not 8 rounds in.

Two ways he can win by utilising a lot of lateral movement and zipping in and out or staying on the outside and making him give up that height and reach and countering him. How many ways does AJ have to win? One, by knockout. He is not outboxing Ward even with a 20" reach advantage. He's too slow and basic.

He don't have to be Roy Jones, he has to be Andre Ward.
      Roy was just a better athlete, he wasn't a better boxer than Ward. He wasn't a better technician.

how many rounds did you give takam?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        how many rounds did you give takam?

Maybe 1 but he showed a lot of weaknesses in AJs game that a better fighter can exploit and boy is Ward a better fighter!

Comment

Ward would get frustrated and would start landing heavy low-blows to ultimately fold the giant AJ. Nobody can handle those Ward low-blows

Comment

Maybe 1 but he showed a lot of weaknesses in AJs game that a better fighter can exploit and boy is Ward a better fighter!
            If you put takam and kovalev in a ring takam would walk through kovalev in a round and ice him. Why because takam is 60lbs heavier.

Yes ward is better technically but at some stage size matters.

This isnt going up against a guy 7lbs bigger

Its going up against a guy 80lbs bigger

Comment

Come on, guys. The same ward that got put on his ass by Kov and many people thought lost the first fight beats big ass Joshua?

Comment

You've lost the plot mate and this is coming from someone that believes in Ward's ability. Wards rough and physical style will get him battered and he's far too short (both in height and reach) to do anything on the outside.

If that fight ever became reality, watching it unfold would be sad and painful. Probably way worse than Adamek vs Klitschko.... it would look like Joshua playing around and beating up on his little brother.

Comment

It is difficult to put on functional muscle mass. It takes time. It would be highly suspect to me if ward got up to hw in regards to peds. He had tons of acne and increased punching power and speed for kov rematch which was already suspicious

Comment

Ward is lean at 175 lbs. I think he struggles badly at cruiserweight let alone the giant heavyweights of today. Ward would be hopeless in there lol to answer the thread title I think you just got a bit carried away with the style matchup if they were close to the same size.

Comment

I know its easy to say really as it'll never happen but if it did...

**** Boxingscene I think Andre Ward would have a legitimate shot at beating Joshua.

There I said it, thanks just had to get it off my chest.

Part of me thinks his 'retirement' is to bulk up and prepare for the unthinkable as well.
                      Hahahaha man you're not crazy. He would have a chance a small chance but a chance.

I'd like to see Usyk vs Joshua now. I think he has the craft to get to a decision and maybe get robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X