Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather Still Be Considered Great If He Had a Loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Mayweather Still Be Considered Great If He Had a Loss?

Say, for example, he had a loss on his resume. Is his undefeated record the primary reason people think he is great? I consider his boxing skills the peak of pugilism and don't think a loss would have made a difference. What say you?

It would've taken away some of his luster but it also would've mattered who the loss was to.

Comment

inb4 someone comes in here and claims Floyd already lost to Castillo/Maidana/DLH/Pac, etc.

Comment

some people thnk hes the greatest ever right now even with a sub par resume so im sure they would still think hes amazing no matter what. other more realistic people who know he didnt fight the best and should have already lost wouldnt feel any different. good solid fighter with a weak resume(compared to other greats)

Comment

Oscar
          Hatton
          Cotto
          Castillo-2times
          Corrales
          Canelo
          Judah
          Mosley
          Pacquiao
          Jmm
          Hernendez

12 time champ in 5 divisions

4 division lineal champion

defeated more world champs then anyone in history

IS THIS A SERIOUS QUESTION?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            some people thnk hes the greatest ever right now even with a sub par resume so im sure they would still think hes amazing no matter what. other more realistic people who know he didnt fight the best and should have already lost wouldnt feel any different. good solid fighter with a weak resume(compared to other greats)
            subpar resume??? who is your favorite fighter?? please show me how great their resume is

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              subpar resume??? who is your favorite fighter?? please show me how great their resume is
              sugar ray leonard. ready to go resume for resume?

ok i got prime benitez, prime duran, prime hearns, near prime hagler, and lineal 154 pound champ kalule as a tune up. your turn! if leonard was floyd he would have waited for hagler to be ko'd cold. its all the same to you right? hes got the name thats all the matters!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                sugar ray leonard. ready to go resume for resume?

ok i got prime benitez, prime duran, prime hearns, and near prime hagler, and lineal 154 pound champ kalule as a tune up. your turn!
                so you **** on Floyd and Leonard is the only name you can pull out of your ass? surly you can list several others and recent ones at that right?

Comment

With a loss on his record his marketability would take a hit and he wouldn't be getting the notoriety and exposure he got. This in turn means that he wouldn't be the draw that he was and his career path would have gone differently. A lot of the guys he beat wouldn't want to fight him if he wasn't a draw so he wouldn't have those names on the resume anymore.

Without his "nobody can beat me, I'm undefeated, TBE" shtick Floyd wouldn't sell much. He would be an avoided fighter like Rigo, GGG and Lara are right now and the likes of Cotto, Hatton, Marquez, Canelo and Pacquiao would have no reason to fight him.

Keeping the undefeated record was crucial for Floyd's career. One loss and everything would fall apart.
                  Last edited by RedZmaja; 10-22-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    so you **** on Floyd and Leonard is the only name you can pull out of your ass? surly you can list several others and recent ones at that right?
                    you said name my fav fighter so i did. i didn't pull him out of my ass. you dont even know how to use that expression correctly. yes i can name others and yes i can name recent ones. all the fab 4 guys are better than floyd. more recent? roy jones jr for example. much better resume. he beat all time greats in their primes like hopkins and toney. i dont see anyone on their level for floyd. he beat tarver who was the clear #1 fighter in his division, in his prime and who had just wiped out the #2, 3, and 4 fighters. cant remember floyd fightin anyone like that. you have to deal with floyd having a subpar resume for a "great" fighter as i already said. he jus doesnt have it. why get mad at people for pointing this out?
                    Last edited by daggum; 10-22-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X