No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward in many ways a poor man's Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    cmon geez does still hurt that much kov can come back and now that wards gone he might even make it back to #1 although I kinda doubt it
    sorry i meant ward was a lil floyd, a lil toney, a lot golota, a lot john ruiz, and who was a notorious head butter? holyfield i guess? also who was known for getting gift decisions? help me out here. no it doesnt hurt me pointing out ward is a cheater why would it? it hurt kovalev im sure. in the balls

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Nope!

Like others said with the Hopkins mention!

Ward is though, one of the greatest 168 fighters of all time and one of the best 175 guys of generations!

Loved his WILL to win and never say die attitude!

He would give every fighter in history at 168 and 175 a tough time win,lose or draw!
      aka the "im going to cheat nonstop and get away with it because im always the hometown fighter and no one will stop me" attitude

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Nope!

Like others said with the Hopkins mention!

Ward is though, one of the greatest 168 fighters of all time and one of the best 175 guys of generations!

Loved his WILL to win and never say die attitude!

He would give every fighter in history at 168 and 175 a tough time win,lose or draw!
        yea def at 168 might be best at 175 too bad he did not fight a couple more

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          mayweather better fighter

ward has to make up for lack of athleticism by smothering
          And head butting, and punching below the belt, and always having home town refs who allowed him to get away with his blatent cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            def a little floyd, a lil toney, a lot golota

Comment

sorry i meant ward was a lil floyd, a lil toney, a lot golota, a lot john ruiz, and who was a notorious head butter? holyfield i guess? also who was known for getting gift decisions? help me out here. no it doesnt hurt me pointing out ward is a cheater why would it? it hurt kovalev im sure. in the balls
              it sure sounds like it hurts you but owell I get really bummed when one my fav lose too

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                it sure sounds like it hurts you but owell I get really bummed when one my fav lose too
                i dont care about winning and losing. he was cheating and won fights with illegal punches. thats bad no matter who it happens to right?

Comment

did not think he was cheating or anything close but I can see we are far away on this point so lets just agree to disagree cool

Comment

i dont care about winning and losing. he was cheating and won fights with illegal punches. thats bad no matter who it happens to right?
                    What category does illegal punches fall in punch stat numbers?

Because if the punches are illegal they wouldn't count right?

Comment

aka the "im going to cheat nonstop and get away with it because im always the hometown fighter and no one will stop me" attitude
                      He fought Froch in Atlantic city and Kov in Vegas twice, neither were in Oakland!

Give just due, Ward was too much man for most guys!

To beat a guy like WARD you'd have fight a near perfect BOXING match by being either bigger, longer reach, solid hard jab, power, good timing and stamina with ring IQ...which Kov showed in the first fight!

In the second match it showed that fighting a perfect won't always be enough, you have to be adaptable!

Ward is a chameleon man and every opponent he faced didn't have as many dimensions as he did!

Comment

Working...
                      X