Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko would NEVER had reached his prime in a tougher era.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko would NEVER had reached his prime in a tougher era.

I often hear people saying how Wladimir Klitschko would have survived and been dominant in any era. I agree. THIS VERSION OF WLAD would have survived and been dominant in ANY ERA. But the mistake people make is that they always forget that if Wlad was in another era, he would have never made it to THIS VERSION.

If Wlad had started his career at the same time as say Lennox Lewis(1990), the setbacks Wlad would have suffered will be unrecoverable. Instead of 'rebuilding' against the likes of Williamson and than trying to prove himself in a defining fight against Peters. He would have been rebuilding against the likes of Morrison and Ruddock and trying to prove himself in a defining fight against a Bowe or a Young Lewis.

PRIME Wlad would have beaten Tommy Morrison. PRIME Wlad would have had a great chance against Bowe. But that 'prime' would never have been reached if he fought during the 90's. He would have been ended before ever reaching his peak.

The only reason Wlad have become what he is today is because of the weak division that enabled him to grow and learn and become stronger with each fight. He would never had that luxury in the 90's.

Comment

There are many IFs.. . If Wlad would of been in different era this means. he would never met his coach who made him more cautious. This means he would of had similar style to what he had when he trained with Fritz. Sammuel changed his style completely, and with time he became *****.

if he lived in different times, trained with different trainer I give him better chances, I think he would of been more exciting to watch. I believe he could of been a champion. But as always some1 would caught him, and with his weak chin he would of get knocked out. Anyways, I give Wlad good chance to be in a top 10 durings 70s 80s.

If you create fantasy post like this, make sure he trains with different trainers, raise different etc. tougher times, better fighters.

ps. im not his fan, neither his supporter

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        I often hear people saying how Wladimir Klitschko would have survived and been dominant in any era. I agree. THIS VERSION OF WLAD would have survived and been dominant in ANY ERA. But the mistake people make is that they always forget that if Wlad was in another era, he would have never made it to THIS VERSION.

If Wlad had started his career at the same time as say Lennox Lewis(1990), the setbacks Wlad would have suffered will be unrecoverable. Instead of 'rebuilding' against the likes of Williamson and than trying to prove himself in a defining fight against Peters. He would have been rebuilding against the likes of Morrison and Ruddock and trying to prove himself in a defining fight against a Bowe or a Young Lewis.

PRIME Wlad would have beaten Tommy Morrison. PRIME Wlad would have had a great chance against Bowe. But that 'prime' would never have been reached if he fought during the 90's. He would have been ended before ever reaching his peak.

The only reason Wlad have become what he is today is because of the weak division that enabled him to grow and learn and become stronger with each fight. He would never had that luxury in the 90's.
        you could say the same for just about every other all time great with the exception of ali

Comment

You never really can tell unless he was in another era.

Comment

Good thing he's in this era making people cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
              There are many IFs.. . If Wlad would of been in different era this means. he would never met his coach who made him more cautious. This means he would of had similar style to what he had when he trained with Fritz. Sammuel changed his style completely, and with time he became *****.

if he lived in different times, trained with different trainer I give him better chances, I think he would of been more exciting to watch. I believe he could of been a champion. But as always some1 would caught him, and with his weak chin he would of get knocked out. Anyways, I give Wlad good chance to be in a top 10 durings 70s 80s.

If you create fantasy post like this, make sure he trains with different trainers, raise different etc. tougher times, better fighters.

ps. im not his fan, neither his supporter
              Of course Wlad would be a top 10 in the 70s and 80s.

Even though the 70s were referred to as the golden era for heavyweights, it was extremely top heavy, because you had Norton, Frazier, Ali & Foreman all fighting each other. It was really only great because they had a time where there was a couple of really good fighters as opposed to now where we just have the one AND they were fighting each other.

There were other good heavies like Lyle, Ellis, Quarry, Shavers and of course Holmes in the end - but overall the rest of the top 10 weren't stacked and Wlad would easily have been a top contender.

Comment

Yea it's laughable some on here try to convince others he is ATG material, this is the weakest era of boxing, especially HW division in history. Easy to dominate as a average fighter with the right physical tools when 99% of the division is tomato soup.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Yea it's laughable some on here try to convince others he is ATG material, this is the weakest era of boxing, especially HW division in history. Easy to dominate as a average fighter with the right physical tools when 99% of the division is tomato soup.
                  Other eras in both the heavyweight division and other divisions have been just as weak with dominant champions who were also boring - and many of them are known as ATGs.

Why hold Wladimir Klitschko to a different standard? Even though the heavyweights aren't as skilled nowadays, it takes a lot to stay on top for 10 years, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    even in weak eras its easy to have a couple off nights and lose to inferior opposition. quit hating. wlad isn't the only dominant champion whos fought in a weak era. hell,,,,how many rounds has wlad even lost in the last 10 yrs. wlad has enough longevity to be at least on the brink of atg status

Comment

Working...
                    X