Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welterweight is overrated

Porter-A decent brawler but lack major skill

Garcia-Basically retired

Thurman--Showing no active interest in fighting, claims "he 's in a different place" now that he met his fiance

SPence--I see him moving to 154 after a few more wins at weltereight

Terrance crawford--Fights at light welter currently

AM i missing something? The division seems like a mess but most people believe its the most talented division in boxing

Who’s saying it’s best right now tho? It just so happens Errol Spence the best fighter on the planet fights there but as a division it’s behind cruiser and mw right now.

Comment

fighting 3 times a year could help. Welters still have a lot of good names but they barely fight. It's frustrating to be a fan when you don't see them often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
        fighting 3 times a year could help. Welters still have a lot of good names but they barely fight. It's frustrating to be a fan when you don't see them often enough.
        It's like the division disappeared.

They're all rich now and don't care lol

Comment

I'm just as confused as you. I don't think alot of the welter weights should belong on the top 10 P4P list over other fighters. And the other weight classes are more stacked than WW. People are hung over on the division that former #1P4P fighters Mayweather and Pacqiauo left behind.

Comment

I agree, no fighter there is thrilling except Spence and Crawford. 140, 175, and 115 Are the hottest divisions right now. And Loma is about to light up 135, which has been barren for years since Marquez ruled there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
              I'm just as confused as you. I don't think alot of the welter weights should belong on the top 10 P4P list over other fighters. And the other weight classes are more stacked than WW. People are hung over on the division that former #1P4P fighters Mayweather and Pacqiauo left behind.
              LHW and Cruiserweight are more stacked atm IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
                It's an obsession. We have a great cruiserweight tourney going on and people want to talk about jeff horn

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Who’s saying it’s best right now tho? It just so happens Errol Spence the best fighter on the planet fights there but as a division it’s behind cruiser and mw right now.
                  Crawford would school Spence

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    Porter-A decent brawler but lack major skill

Garcia-Basically retired

Thurman--Showing no active interest in fighting, claims "he 's in a different place" now that he met his fiance

SPence--I see him moving to 154 after a few more wins at weltereight

Terrance crawford--Fights at light welter currently

AM i missing something? The division seems like a mess but most people believe its the most talented division in boxing
                    Notice something they all have in common? They are all Americans.

I would argue that LHW and Cruiserweight are much more stacked divisions, but then they are mostly European so a lot of Americans don't really give a **** about anything outside what happens in the USA.

Same thing when discussing p4p lists and all time greats - it is a completely subjective argument but you are led to believe there is only one or two right answers when in fact it's just that some people have a louder collective voice than others and make you think its some unanimous, universally agreed upon notion.

Comment

Working...
                    X